medicals

Guest ali@51

Just a word of warning about Medicals. we went for ours today and I was working under the ilusion that if you had a BMI of under 40 you would be ok. However the Dr has informed me that The AU goverment has now asked for weight to be flaged up for permenent residents at a BMI of 30+. Mine was 35. He recons it wont be a problem as my BP is low 92/54 and no mobilty probs. However they may well ask for me to see an occupational health consultant for assesment:arghh:. The DR we saw is also qualifyed as one of these and he has writen this on the form and said my wight is not a prob but he says it is 50/50 as to weather they will accept this or ask for extra tests. Dosent recon that will be a prob he just says it will be more hoops and expense!:mad:. So diet here I come!!!!!!!:wacko:

Hey!

When we had my meds, think the thread is still here somewhere, i was on the large side of small things...BMI was 36.3 at time of meds and i had high BP! All we got was cardio report about BP and weight was never mentioned at all!

And we got the ticket!!

Good luck with it all!!

Dan and Steph

I hope it won't be too much of a problem, my BMI is 34.6 and we are having medicals on 13th. I have been going to slimming world and lost a stone in 6 weeks so I thought would take my book to show Doc I am losing weight and its not a medical problem and also stress that I only had a baby 4 months ago. Do you think this would help??

Hope everything goes alright Ali, I am sure if yu are fit and active and showing no signs that weight is stopping you doing anything there shouldn't be a problem.

Tracey

Hi Tracy

our Draid it was recently introduced to flag it up at 30.He didnt think it would be a problem it might just require more expence for extra tests:arghh:. will be trying to loose weight anyway just in case.

Just a word of warning about Medicals. we went for ours today and I was working under the ilusion that if you had a BMI of under 40 you would be ok. However the Dr has informed me that The AU goverment has now asked for weight to be flaged up for permenent residents at a BMI of 30+. Mine was 35. He recons it wont be a problem as my BP is low 92/54 and no mobilty probs. However they may well ask for me to see an occupational health consultant for assesment:arghh:. The DR we saw is also qualifyed as one of these and he has writen this on the form and said my wight is not a prob but he says it is 50/50 as to weather they will accept this or ask for extra tests. Dosent recon that will be a prob he just says it will be more hoops and expense!:mad:. So diet here I come!!!!!!!:wacko:

Hi,

seems like there is a bit of luck involved with medicals, I had mine recently, my bmi is about 36 and my blood pressure was 145/90, he said as I was otherwise healthy the and BP was only a little over he would not mention it as a lot of people are a little tence when they go for meds,:D, he advised me to loose weight but did not mention any problems as far as the visa goes,

must have been a lucky day for me!

Simon

We had our meds done in Handsworth Birmingham 5th October and they didnt even check our BMI. Reading other experiences of foums it seems that they are using BMI less and less as it is really not a good indicator of fitness levels or even weight related. I work in the fitness industry and we certainly use it less as an indicator.

Neither did we have to bend over and touch our toes, stand on one leg, shut our eyes and point to our nose - just some of the rather stupiod things some of these doctors get people to do. Do you think they go home and laugh about what they made people to for their medicals today???

We had our meds done in Handsworth Birmingham 5th October and they didnt even check our BMI. Reading other experiences of foums it seems that they are using BMI less and less as it is really not a good indicator of fitness levels or even weight related. I work in the fitness industry and we certainly use it less as an indicator.

Neither did we have to bend over and touch our toes, stand on one leg, shut our eyes and point to our nose - just some of the rather stupiod things some of these doctors get people to do. Do you think they go home and laugh about what they made people to for their medicals today???

They did not calculate my bmi, I did it myself, my medical took about 10 miniutes , listerned to heart and chest, blood pressure, reflexes and proded in a few places, he did ask me if I self examine, I said twice a day, dont know if this is normal;).

Simon