visa validation trip

Guest arif

Dear Friends,

Finally I got my VISA grant letter, visa is granted for me and my family, my visa is approved for 176 State sponsored by South Australia. I am now Post graduate student of Nottingham University, UK. My course is “M.Sc Electrical Technology for Sustainable and Renewable Energy Systems’’ . I need one year for complete my course. My last initial entry date is 30th November 2010. From here (UK) I found Perth ticket (by Royal Brunei airlines) is cheaper then others. So I just booked ticket for me and my family from UK to Perth. And we will stay Perth for only two days.

Is Perth immigration will allow us as we are sponsored by South Australia? Is it ok for us if we validate our visa from Perth airport? Is it lead any problem next time when I come again Adelaide for living permanently after complete my course?

Hope you friend advice help me come out from this puzzlement.

Thanks

Arif

Hi, as long as you pass through australian immigration your visa will be validated. As yourself we had SA sponorship but passed through Melbourne to validate our visa, so you should be ok going through Perth.

Andrew

Thanks my friend for your kind advice . I am very happy and more confident now. But my problem is we will stay Perth only for two days and then back to UK again without go to Adelaide this time . We will back Adelaide after one year complete my post graduate course from Nottingham University. So please advice me it will problem if we not report to SA immigration (Adelaide) about my initial entry in Australia ?

Thanks

Arif

Guest WhatNow?
You will be fine where ever you re enter oz, as long as you go through the normal channels , ie airports , etc .

That's right. As long as you get that Aussie immigration stamp in your passport it doesn't matter where you enter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi friends,

Thanks for your reply. I really want some light on this " I will back from Perth though my sponsored state is South Australia " I hope I will back again after one years and then I will go to Adelaide for permanently leaving. "

Is there any chance they will cancel my visa for this reason in the future ?

Please friends help me to know this .

Thanks

Arif

Hi friends,

Thanks for your reply. I really want some light on this " I will back from Perth though my sponsored state is South Australia " I hope I will back again after one years and then I will go to Adelaide for permanently leaving. "

Is there any chance they will cancel my visa for this reason in the future ?

Please friends help me to know this .

Thanks

Arif

The other replies should give you the reassurance you need; if you're validating your visa, the stamp you get when passing through immigration at Perth will suffice; you won't have to enter SA during the validation trip.

Jim