Query about gaining UK police certificate from Australia

Boxertony

My family and I came over on a 475 State Sponsorhip Visa, however since then, my current employers are sponsoring me for permanent residence (Subclass 857)

Because we have only been in South Australia for the past 9 months, how do we go about gaining our photographic passport photo signed, demonstrating two years. The original people who signed all our family's previous photo's for our original police certificate for immigration purposes have now moved on and would be extremely difficult for us to gain any other person to sign our photo's from the UK.

How do we go about this?

What is the process to meet this criteria to gain a ACPO Police Certificate for

Immigration Purposes.

Guest shella_n

Hi

We just did our police checks too (luckily I have a freind who is a solicitor who I sent mine to).

I have a copy of the form you need on my computer and it had guidelines on it about what to do in terms of getting it signed in your situation.

If you pm me your email I will forward it you.

Michelle x

Guest MrsHills

Hi there, Hopefully I have got the right end of the stick!!

On the immigration application form it states:

2 recent passport sized photographs (45mm x 35mm)

of yourself and any other person included in the

application (4 photos of each person if health

examinations have not been completed). These should

be of the head and shoulders only, and should show the

person facing the camera and against a plain

background. You should print the name of the person

on the back of each photograph.

It doesnt say that they have to be certified by anyone - just certified copies on passports etc and any JP can do that

South Australian Justice of the Peace Roll

Hi Ancient William,

What I mean by having my passport photographs being countersigned by someone who has known me for two years or longer. This is a process which needs to be adhered to when applying for a ACPO Police Certificate from England, not for the immigration process. i have to apply again for English poilce checks from England - but I dont know anyone from the UK who could do this.

My family and I came over on a 475 State Sponsorhip Visa, however since then, my current employers are sponsoring me for permanent residence (Subclass 857)

If you've already gone through the process when you came here, the Immigration people will still have your original application (and police checks) on file. We converted from provisonal to permanent last and basically advised them to check the original application for police checks etc.

As long as you've not returned to live in the UK since arrival (extended holiday etc.), it's pointless doing it all again...the original checks are still valid.

J.

Guest caoimhe

When we went through the same process we had an agrument with our case officer about police checks. We arrived in Oz within one year of the UK police checks being done therefore they were still valid, as we never returned to the UK before our application of PR we could not have comitted any crime there so we sent in an Australian police checks. It took some explaining to her but finally she agreed to get a copy of our original PC that were on file in Sydney. Apparently it is down to each Case Officer wether they insist on getting new UK ones or not.