Who else is waiting for the smp???

Guest theclarkes

Guest theclarkes

Hi Guys, Just wondering how many of us are desperately waiting for the announcement of the SMP for SA? And what jobs are you in? I am an Electrician, so many people are getting case officers for the other states that have released theirs. COME ON DIAC SIGN SAs OFF and put us out of our misery!!

Guest bishvegas

Hi. Well we have just received State Sponsorship approval but are still eagerly awaiting the release of the SMP. 176 submitted today by our Agent. OH is a Carpenter and Joiner. If all goes to plan with the SMP we have been told by our Agent that we are looking at a timescale of around 12 months. Fingers crossed!

Hi to all,

We (clan mac) are waiting for the release of the SMP too. OH is a carpenter, we are waiting to hear if we've got state sponsorship but as we only applied 18/10/10 and they didn't get all of our documents until 4/11/10, I doubt we'll hear anything this side of the year.

Good luck to all waiting, :wubclub:

Lorraine x

my husband is also an electrician and we are heading for adelaide. Havent heard a thing yet although victoria has announced theit smp and electricians are on it-fingers crossed eh !!

We are also waiting! OH is HGV mechanic, SS was approved on 26/10/10 and 176 visa was lodged on 14/11/10 so now desperately hoping we are on smp. Friends of ours also in same position and he is a carpenter. Hoping that see SMP before Xmas, now wouldn't that be a good prezzie??? Unless we weren't on it! But trying not to have negative thoughts!!

Guest theclarkes
We are also waiting! OH is HGV mechanic, SS was approved on 26/10/10 and 176 visa was lodged on 14/11/10 so now desperately hoping we are on smp. Friends of ours also in same position and he is a carpenter. Hoping that see SMP before Xmas, now wouldn't that be a good prezzie??? Unless we weren't on it! But trying not to have negative thoughts!!

SA Migration e mailed me this morning confirming it will be December, let's just hope DIACs workload isn't too heavy so we all get case officers quickly. Was hoping WAs would be out soon so they can start processing them because if they are both released at the same time can see big backlogs again!

Guest jillabong

Hi all

we too are waiting, OH is IT Manager, think under new lists its now Chief Information Manager, out of States already released his job is on ACT's list, such a stress waiting for the SMP, and if we'll be on the list, we really have to be because at the moment we find ourselves in Cat4!!!!!!!!!!!!! (were previously Cat 5)

please SA, put us out of our misery!!!!!!!

Good luck to all waiting

Jill

Guest owenker4

Hi Just a question please...

There seems to be a few posts that say they have been granted state sponsorship and are now awaiting the release of the smp for sa. How do you get state sponsorship if skills not on current SOL ??

Or are we just getting confused ??

thanks Kerry & Neil

Guest jillabong
Hi Just a question please...

There seems to be a few posts that say they have been granted state sponsorship and are now awaiting the release of the smp for sa. How do you get state sponsorship if skills not on current SOL ??

Or are we just getting confused ??

thanks Kerry & Neil

we were granted state sponsorship last year, before all this chopping and changing of rules!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jillabong

Hi all

just read on PIO that someone official from SA has said SMP to be released next Friday, hope this is true!!!!!!!!! holding thumbs for us all to be on the list

have a good weekend

jill

Hi all

just read on PIO that someone official from SA has said SMP to be released next Friday, hope this is true!!!!!!!!! holding thumbs for us all to be on the list

have a good weekend

jill

hope so-would be fab christmas present xx

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a doctor in the house? I think that I have developed SMP fever! Symptoms include (but are not restricted to):-

1. Checking ex pat forums such as PIA & PIO with such fervency that smoke is observed to fly from both the keyboard & fingers!

2. Twitching, particularly facial muscles.

3. Tutting, muttering and sulking (including the odd temper tantrum).

4. Repeating the repetitive chorus "right that's it, I really mean it this time, I'm definitely not staying up till one in the morning to check again. No not me I definitely will not be doing any of that checking."

5. Waiting until everyone is in bed and then booting up the laptop quietly to just have one last peek.

So this is my last post I will not check PIO before shutting down the laptop so see if the SMP has been released. I will be patient and commence checking ritual again tomorrow evening.

Goodnight all maybe tomorrow eh?

Lorraine x

Guest jillabong
Is there a doctor in the house? I think that I have developed SMP fever! Symptoms include (but are not restricted to):-

1. Checking ex pat forums such as PIA & PIO with such fervency that smoke is observed to fly from both the keyboard & fingers!

2. Twitching, particularly facial muscles.

3. Tutting, muttering and sulking (including the odd temper tantrum).

4. Repeating the repetitive chorus "right that's it, I really mean it this time, I'm definitely not staying up till one in the morning to check again. No not me I definitely will not be doing any of that checking."

5. Waiting until everyone is in bed and then booting up the laptop quietly to just have one last peek.

So this is my last post I will not check PIO before shutting down the laptop so see if the SMP has been released. I will be patient and commence checking ritual again tomorrow evening.

Goodnight all maybe tomorrow eh?

Lorraine x

lol, I think it's contagious!!!!!!!!!!!!! absolutely fantastic description of daily life, except OH thinks im obsessed/mad :goofy:

well looks like it is going to be next year now then, well, here's to even more wine at xmas

hope you all have a really lovely holiday:santa3:

Jill x

Yep looks like next year then!

But looking on the bright side, it means that hopefully we will have a lovely surprise in the New Year.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Very best wishes for 2011 to all.

Hopefully this time next year we will be organising a big party to celebrate our new lives in Adelaide!!!!

Lorraine x

Hello Everyone,

I felt I had to share this reply from SA, I received it this morning: not the best news to start 2011,

Dear Sharon

In response to your e-mail, the State Migration Plan (SMP), State Sponsored Migration List (SSML) and sponsorship requirements is due to be released in the near future, but no confirmed date has been finalized. Immigration SA cannot advise on what occupations or criteria will be available until the SMP is released.

When the SMP is implemented if your occupation is on the list your application will receive priority processing as directed by DIAC. Please visit the DIAC website regarding priority processing.

Please monitor the Immigration SA website for the implementation of the SMP (date not yet confirmed).

Happy New Year to you all,:goofy:

Sharon