Head Down And Still Waiting

minty

Hi all, well still no news on the progress of out 176 visa (electrician) application.

Lodged in January so almost a year now. Does anyone have any news on if there are likely to be any changes in the near future or is it still you will be waiting untill 2013 for priority 4 ocupations.

Fingers crossed for some good news soon. :SLEEP:

Hi.

Not sure about the priority occupations list at the moment. It took us 18 month to obtain our 176 visa, my occupation is a nurse and I this was on the occupation list. Goodluck, be patient and hang in there it will be worth it. Ali

Hi all, I think nursing is priority 1 so nice and quick (ish). Not using an agent but have emailed DIAC and they sent the usual responce of all paperwork lodged waiting for the cat 4 timeframe and should hear back by 2013. Hopefully when they have a priority shuffle sparkies will move down the list a bit. I guess everything happens for a reason so the delays will hopefully see out the housing prices drop.

Hi The Bacons,

The long awaited SA SMP (state migration plan) are due to be released very soon and if your occupation is on the new list thn your application will jump to Cat2.

We are also cat4 at the moment like you, applied a year ago today and also waiting on the SMP.

Victoria & ACT have already released their list so the other states including SA are expected to release soon as they have to be approved by DIAC. Vic smp applicants ahave already received case officers and the smp list was only announced last monday. So if you occupation is on the SA smp then I expect things will move pretty fast.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, just hang in there

Cheers

That sounds like very good news unless of course sparkies dont end up on the list. What trade/ocupation are you ?

Hi The Bacons,

The long awaited SA SMP (state migration plan) are due to be released very soon and if your occupation is on the new list thn your application will jump to Cat2.

We are also cat4 at the moment like you, applied a year ago today and also waiting on the SMP.

Victoria & ACT have already released their list so the other states including SA are expected to release soon as they have to be approved by DIAC. Vic smp applicants ahave already received case officers and the smp list was only announced last monday. So if you occupation is on the SA smp then I expect things will move pretty fast.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, just hang in there

Cheers

Hi The Bacons,

Not ending up on the smp list is also a worry for us and I suppose many others! I hate the thought of being stuck in cat 4 if not on smp.

Oh is Metal Machinist (1st class) 323214, his job was listed on the ACT smp, but then again I think their list was 9 pages long and he wasnt on smp for Vic!!

Fingers crossed for us all x