136 visa: acknowledgement to case officer, how long does it take?

Guest Rachael

Guest Rachael

Hi all

Just wondering if those on a 136 visa could enlighten me on how long it's been taking going from acknowledgment to getting a case officer?

We had acknowledgment last Friday and are getting meds done at the moment.

Just wanted to know how much longer I might be sat here.

Rachael. :dull:

Hi I cant tell you how long from acknowledgement because they didn't acknowledge us at all:nah:. We put our visa appoication in on 21/6 and got a case officer on 26/10. hope this is of some help.

Guest graandjac
Hi all

Just wondering if those on a 136 visa could enlighten me on how long it's been taking going from acknowledgment to getting a case officer?

We had acknowledgment last Friday and are getting meds done at the moment.

Just wanted to know how much longer I might be sat here.

Rachael. :dull:

Hi Rachael it seems that there are so many differences as to who gets what and when, our agent said that sometimes you may never even get a case officer..!! if you front loaded your meds just that big e-mail out of the blue to says visa approved, us so far went from payment taken straight to case reference no, with no acknowledgement:wacko: now just the long boring wait...Cheers Graham

Guest Rachael

Thank you for your replies.

Will just sit and wait then, as normal.

I have a photo very similar to yours Graham (obviously mine is a picture of me and James).Coincidence!

Guest Rachael

Well! Doesn't look like the wait is as long as I thought. Got assigned a case officer Today!

:notworthy:

So my question is answered, How long from acknowledgment to case officer?

10 days!!!!

R:biglaugh:

Guest nicky, alan and charlotte

That was quick, we applied 20th June had medicals done on 28 July, had acknowledgement on 5th October, Medicals and police checks are now together (according to my agent) with our application in Adelaide, but still have not got a CO or heard anything else, the wait is really getting to me.

Nicky

Guest Libby1971

Hello all

I do so sympathise as this was by far the worst thing of the process for me. I didn't mind if it was me having to do things but sitting there, just waiting, and waiting, and waiting nearly drove me mad.

We paid the bond to gain our last 5 points so consider this. We used an agent so everything got sent to them and they sent it on.

I realise things have moved on now but if it helps, our timeline went like this:

skills assessment in April 06

skills ass passed May 06

Application in May 06 (start of)

Acknowledged May 06 (end of)

Meds/ PC requested Nov 06 (find out we have case officer and what her name is)

Meds sent Dec 06

PC sent Dec 06

Bond request Jan 07

Visa granted Feb 07

Few weeks later, April 07, here we are!

Keep hanging on

Libby