Still waiting for our visa.........

Guest thecarnegies123

Guest thecarnegies123

Hi - me and my wife applied for a skilled migration visa in May 09 and still have not heard anything, I hope somebody can give us some advise please.

Our occupations have both gone back onto the SOL from July 10, we have tried to get an update through Australian immigration and the MP Chris Bowen... to no avail.

We plan to live in Adelaide and are waiting to plan a reccy trip but do not know where to turn to get an idea of the processing times, any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks

The Carnegies

:confused:

Guest snowy10

Try the following page, it should give you a better idea as to DIAC priority progression directive.

General Skilled Migration

If your occupation is on SA SMP when it is released you will receive priority 2 progression providing you have state sponsorship on a 176 visa, they are quoting up to 12 months for this scenario. The web link address above will give you all the info you need, especially when I don't know your trade or which type of visa you applied for.

Good luck

• 1 month later...
Guest manxstones

Hi, we lodged our visa app on nov 10th 2010 and have been told by our migration agent that it could take 12mths maybe more maybe less ! are you going through a migration agent or doing it all yourself ?

Guest guest3462

There is a link on the immigration website for you to find out how long your processing time is to be. (sorry I don't have it to hand) You just have to put your TRN number in the title line then send them a blank email. They will then send you an approxiamte timeframe of your visa processing time. We are also still waiting, but luckily for us the sting is taken out of it a bit as we are already in Adelaide.

• 3 years later...
Guest bianca

hi. we lodged ours 10th jan 2014 along with medicals and poice checks, given a our CO in march. Still NOTHING!! Ww were told in jan it would be 6-9 weeks but then because of the back log we wouldnt hear anything till july. We have spoken to our agent, they said they are now granting visa in date order from when lodged.... hoping were top of the list x