SA Sponsorship & ANMC HELP!

Lil Bev

Hi,

Hope someone can help me with a few questions regarding sponsorship and the ANMC. I applied for SA sponsorship today prior to the online application system temporarily closing tomorrow 16th-23rd/11/10, for the new system to be put in place. Once i completed the application it states on the application cover sheet that i must include "Evidence of any Licensing or Registration requirements for your nominated occupation". I am a registered nurse and as i have not yet applied for registration with AHPRA what sort of evidence can i include in the application? Also, i was aware of the financial support pro forma, however this now says it should only be sent if you are an international student. Has anyone sent their application without this form and sponsorship been approved? I'm guessing by what it now states that i do not need to send it. The last bullet point seems to point to this.

Financial Capacity

• It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds for settling and living expenses when you arrive in South Australia. You should not dispose of any assets before your visa is granted.
  • A minimum total of the equivalent of AUD25,000 for a single applicant.
  • Additional AUD5,000 for each secondary applicant.
  • Must include an overall cash component of at least AUD10,000.
  • Must be available when applicant arrives in South Australia.
  • If you are a recent international student, you will need to complete the pdf_small_icon.gif Financial Support Pro Forma which is available as part of the Application form and in the Client Tracking System if you do not have the assets in your name.
  • If sufficient assets are in the principal applicants/partner’s name, only complete the relevant section in the online application form.

FINAL QUESTION (for now:cute:)

I havn't sent my supporting documents for sponsorship as yet as i am awaiting my letter of determination from the ANMC. I received and email from them on the 9th Nov stating that one will be sent shortly but i am still waiting, does anyone know how long it will take to get this? Then i can get the big ball rolling :jiggy:

Thanks in advance,

Bev & Jay

Guest snowy10

I'm not a nurse so can not comment on the registration question but just wanted to make you aware that you have 30 days from your application to get your complete document package to SA. They only accept complete applications.

Good luck.

I'm not a nurse so can not comment on the registration question but just wanted to make you aware that you have 30 days from your application to get your complete document package to SA. They only accept complete applications.

Good luck.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes I am aware of the 30 days, I just wanted to get my application in before they temporary close it and change it to the new system as I had already completed it and not submitted it until today. I'm expecting my positive skills letter to arrive any day now, then I can send it off straight away :)

Hello there! I have recently had my SA sponsorship recently and I am a nurse. Firstly, I sent a copy of the application front form for AHPRA with AGO?? for overseas nurses and I am not registered yet. You need to show you are aware of the process of registration. Also, you don't need to send off the financial pro-forma, only complete the online form, which you've done ( i stressed about that but had it confirmed before I sent my paperwork off).

Regarding your ANMC letter, i would advise that as soon as you get it you forward your documents via a private courier. Some peoples forms never get there. I did mine by Royal Mail recorded delivery and took quite a while to show that they had received them, 10 or 15 days (can't remember, just know I was starting to panic). As time will be a push I would def do that. If you check on the ANMC website it will show it is a positive assessment if you log in with your details. If letter has not arrived in time, print that off and send it, but only as a last resort!!

All the best. It's alot to do. You can ask ANMC to forward your documents to AHPRA. Saves a bit of duplication. I think AHPRA is the worst part of all the form filling, there have been loads of problems with the new national registration, so make sure you do it months before you go.

Hello there! I have recently had my SA sponsorship recently and I am a nurse. Firstly, I sent a copy of the application front form for AHPRA with AGO?? for overseas nurses and I am not registered yet. You need to show you are aware of the process of registration. Also, you don't need to send off the financial pro-forma, only complete the online form, which you've done ( i stressed about that but had it confirmed before I sent my paperwork off).

Regarding your ANMC letter, i would advise that as soon as you get it you forward your documents via a private courier. Some peoples forms never get there. I did mine by Royal Mail recorded delivery and took quite a while to show that they had received them, 10 or 15 days (can't remember, just know I was starting to panic). As time will be a push I would def do that. If you check on the ANMC website it will show it is a positive assessment if you log in with your details. If letter has not arrived in time, print that off and send it, but only as a last resort!!

All the best. It's alot to do. You can ask ANMC to forward your documents to AHPRA. Saves a bit of duplication. I think AHPRA is the worst part of all the form filling, there have been loads of problems with the new national registration, so make sure you do it months before you go.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have finally had a reply back from ANMC stating that my application needs to be assessed by another assessor (as per ANMC policy). So the email stating that my letter of determination would be sent "shortly" was pointless as it probably hasn't left them yet :arghh: Think i will just wait for that to arrive and apply via the new system (apparently its going to be a little easier than the old one).

Thanks for the tip with AHPRA, i will be applying for that as soon as our visa is lodged, once we get our sponsorship through mind!

Guest fluxsta
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have finally had a reply back from ANMC stating that my application needs to be assessed by another assessor (as per ANMC policy). So the email stating that my letter of determination would be sent "shortly" was pointless as it probably hasn't left them yet :arghh: Think i will just wait for that to arrive and apply via the new system (apparently its going to be a little easier than the old one).

Thanks for the tip with AHPRA, i will be applying for that as soon as our visa is lodged, once we get our sponsorship through mind!

Hi Lil bev!! I am an RMN applying to go to Oz, just getting the ball rolling now. IELTS booked, but I have a question? I am dealing with a nursing recruitment agent in the UK, and I have only applyed direct to AHPRA?? Do i need to contact the ANMC as i thought that it had all been rolled into one now?

your thoughts gratefully received, as i am panicking and thinking that I need to do more stuff now!!

Guest sarahtwinn82

Why don't you just come on a 457 visa, it costs very little you don't need money to get in to Oz, you get a guaranteed Job and you can apply for PR after 6 months that costs just $2,500 if you get your employer to PR Sponsor you. You only need a skills assessment with AHPRA and only you as the main applicant need a medical if your kids and hubby are UK born and bred. It sounds as though your coming about this the long way round. I can give you the name of a good job consultant who is free and can help find you sposorship. The online application for a 457 is a little daunting but if you sit with your hubby and do it you can get through it, for goodness sake don't waste money on an agent.

Hi Lil bev!! I am an RMN applying to go to Oz, just getting the ball rolling now. IELTS booked, but I have a question? I am dealing with a nursing recruitment agent in the UK, and I have only applyed direct to AHPRA?? Do i need to contact the ANMC as i thought that it had all been rolled into one now?

your thoughts gratefully received, as i am panicking and thinking that I need to do more stuff now!!

Hi Fluxsta, if you are applying for PR then a skills assessment from ANMC is required, if you are going on a 457 then it isn't required. Not 100% sure but i dont believe you need to do the IELTS test for AHPRA now, however it will give you extra points on a PR visa.

Sarahtwinn82 - a 457 visa isn't for us. We want the security and benefits of a PR visa. Plus i don't want to be tied to a 2 year contract with an employer if i'm not keen on the work area. Alot of employers are now stopping sponsorships due to costs and i'm not willing to take that risk. Who says i'm using an agent?? I'm not that stupid to throw my money away, if you read into applying independently its quite straightforward :D it may cost more than a 457, but has much more benefits.

Guest sarahtwinn82

Sorry just trying to help hurry things along abit for you because the truth of the matter is I'm on the beach at 35c today and your at -4c in cold wet Plymouth...oh well good luck. I didn't mean to be offensive just offering a little advice from someone living in Oz. I found your reply quite rude.

Sorry just trying to help hurry things along abit for you because the truth of the matter is I'm on the beach at 35c today and your at -4c in cold wet Plymouth...oh well good luck. I didn't mean to be offensive just offering a little advice from someone living in Oz. I found your reply quite rude.

Sorry if you thought my reply was rude as that wasn't my intention, I do appreciate help and advice from others on here thats why i am a member. A 457 is just not for us, plus as my husband is currently in the forces we have the time to wait and i have heard about migration agents ripping people off!

Hi Lil Bev,

I agree, from what I've read,( so could be wrong) the 457 costs the same amount as as the 176, the only difference I can see is that you have to have funds when you arrive. I'm in the same postion as you, hubby in the forces, so don't have to make the move but would like the reassurance of PR.

Sharon

OTE=Lil Bev;151169]Sorry if you thought my reply was rude as that wasn't my intention, I do appreciate help and advice from others on here thats why i am a member. A 457 is just not for us, plus as my husband is currently in the forces we have the time to wait and i have heard about migration agents ripping people off!

Hi Sharon,

With the 176 you need to pay for ANMC assessment, medicals and police checks so roughly about £800 for the lot, plus the visa fees on top of that. Paying £800 plus getting PR status is so much more appealing to me! What force is your hubby in? When are you expecting to move over?

Bev

• 2 months later...
Guest donna888

Hi there

Just reading your message and wondering if you could give me the name of a good nursing agent that you used as this is exactly the route i want to take,

any advise would be great, i am a community nurse with one year post reg work experience and as i have just hit 40 will not qualify when new points system comes in this july for the 176 - so was hoping to go down the 457 route.

many many thanks

donna

• 1 year later...
Guest cece727

hi donna888 and sarahtwinn82

I would also like to ask for the good nursing agent for free that was mentioned. I am also planning to take the 457 route. Please do reply if you can. Thanks!

Edited by cece727