Regional sponsered migration sheme

Liz and Kris UK

Hi everyone

Is anybody going to adelaide on the RSMS, I am a nurse and have a job at the royal adelaide and they have just lodged my nomination. We have just started to complete the aplication form 47ES. We just wanted some advice about the form such as where to get documents certified and any info on police checks etc. Can anybody whom has completed the RSMS process give us an idea of how long the process takes when the application has been lodged.

Thanks

Kris and Liz :)

Hi Kris & Liz,

we are on a skilled regional sponsor, 496 visa.....well waiting on it!

You can get your copy documents certified by a local justice of the peace, check on your local council web page and you can generally get the details of one from there.

Police checks take around 40 days to come through, go to your local police station and ask for a full uk disclosure form, complete and take back with your passport and certified copy of your passport (this gets sent away with the form) along with a £10 fee.

The police checks have an expiry date of 1 year, same as medicals.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any further information, if I can't help there will be plenty on here who can.

Good Luck.

Hi Liz and Kris,

My OH and I are going over on the RSMS visa. His firm got approval back in JUne, we lodged our visa application mid July, acknowledged and payment taken 2nd week in August (we sent off our police checks with the application), meds requested September and done 5th October, sent off on 24th October - now the long wait....

We have done everything ourselves as once we looked at it there didn't seem to be much of a problem and using an agent would have cost a bomb, money we could do with once we get over there!

The 47ES was not too bad to complete, just takes time to get all the information together. The worst form by far was the Character Form to go with the police checks. It's OK if you have a straight forward family history but if you have a complicated one like mine it was quite a fag. Still, all done OK in the end.I would strongly recommend that you photo copy everything you send - just in case you have to go over things again - you want your 'story' to match up!

A good information pack is available on the DIMA site www.immi.gov.au it's pack number 5 Sponsored Immigration. This gives you a step by step approach to the RSMS process, I found it really useful.

I would't swear to it but compared to some our application seems to have gone through quite quicky. Perhaps this is because we have already got employment to go to?? Perhaps they stream the different types of visa application, who knows?

If we can be of ny help at all please feel free to PM us. Good luck, it has got to be worth it in the end.

Kev & Mall