Temp (475) to Permanent residency

Guest Lulujim

Guest Lulujim

Hi,

I am hoping someof you might be able to help me.

We will have lived in SA for 2 years in April - and I want to be super-organised and get the application in asap so am trying to find out what I need to get together for this.

If you're able to help with the following I would be very grateful!

• First: I am presuming it is 2 years from the date we arrived in SA isn't it? - And not the date the visa was granted???
  • We have pay slips for every month my hubby worked with hours stated.. do I need to copy these and get them verified by a JP?
  • Do I need a Mortgage Statement too?
  • I don't need medicals unless asked I believe - but Police Checks must be completed before the application is put in? Where do I get these from and how long do they take?
  • I read somewhere on here that you can apply a month before your 2 yr date.. is that right?

Thanks so much in advance...

Alexis :err:

Hello

We got our 887 visa in October. You can apply two years and one day after arriving in Australia. You can start the application online about 28 days before you can submitt the application. This is what we attached to the application after submitting:-

Colour scanned photocopies of our passports and also the visa page - I got these certified.

Colour scanned passport photo - no need to get certified.

Scanned copy of birth certificate - certified.

Scanned copy of marriage certificate - certified.

House leases x 3 - certified.

Scanned Gas Bills - these were all in colour so no need to certify

Scanned Electric Bills - same as gas bills

Letter from husbands employer stating weekly hours, job info and how long he had worked there.

Scanned payslips for husband, one for each month - certified

Scanned payslips for me, one for each month - certified

Tax PAYG for husband only as he was the main applicant.

We applied for the federal police checks one week before the application submit date and they only took a week to come down. You can get the form from the Australian Federal police website then print them off and post them.

No need to get uk police checks or medicals done.

Hope this helps, if you need any more help just msg me.

Claire

We are in the process of applying for permanent visa also. I'm a bit confused about the medicals though. I spoke to an immigration officer and she said that the meds you get done prior to your original visa being granted only lasts 3 years then you have to get them done again here -so this isn't always the case no? would save us a hell of a lot of money if not needed.

When we applied for our 887, we didn't get any of the docs certified, just colour scanned. Also, I didn't attach tons of payslips etc, just my job offer letter (which stated that it was a permanent job and the number of hours I'd be working), a payslip from when I started, one about seven or eight months later, and another about the same time again later to show continuity of employment. We kept the docs light.

The medicals seems to be pot luck; ours were done a lonnngggg time ago but we didn't get asked to do them again.

Jim

Guest Lulujim

Thanks so much for all the help - that list was great Claire!

How long are they taking to process at the mo? It will make such a difference to us to get it - can't wait! :jiggy:

Great advice guys, look forward to more paper work when it's my turn to apply, but first things first ... got to get over there, roll on January 2011, so we can see the back end of 2010, what a lousy year it has been for us ...

But it is nearly christmas time so merry christmas to all of you and happy new year :santatrumpet: