Vets and insurance

Guest Matt & Suzi

Guest Matt & Suzi

Hi

Just wondering about vets fees are they similar to UK and do you know if you can get insurance for an older dog (10 yrs). Our dog seems to spend alot of time at the vets, he has been opened up twice this year to remove plastic bags (he is very greedy) and he has epileptic fits about every 6 months. Luckily we are insured as he would of cost us thousands. In the UK unless your dog is already insured I dont think you can get insurance for an older dog.

Guest taylor family

:DHi from the taylor family.

do you pay by direct debit each month if so just tell the insurance company you are going to another country and you would like to keep the insurance going that is what I did with our life insurance with scottish widows so long as they get paid in pounds sterling they dont care.

hope that has helped you all the best alan taylor.:)

If it's any help, our dogs are insured with PetPlan which is a UK company. I don't know who you are with at present, but hopefully if you are with PetPlan, they would transfer it. Medium cover costs us around $25 each month per dog, which for two dogs comes to almost as much as our Extras Cover for the family!!

As for bills, Rosie had an operation on her hind legs about 18 months ago, and that cost us $1201.00 (no, really!). Taisy had her annual booster and check-up yesterday, and that cost $71.50. My friends rotty Ruby had an op on her eye, and that came in at $600. My friend swears by her policy as their dog has needed a fair few check-ups and procedures. Oh and I know of one Jack Russell whose owners pay $100 a week on medication sent from the UK.

That's about all I know, sorry I can't answer the 'older dog' question...but I'm sure someone will!

LC