Hong kong airport transit hotel

Hazel M

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the hong kong airport hotel. We are going to be at HK airport for around 5.5 hrs so I thought it would probably be a good idea to book a room so the children (and us!) can lie down and stretch our legs for a while to break up the misery, before the onward flight to Adelaide!

Has anyone any experience of the hotel? Just had a quick look on the website and it doesnt seem to give much info - not even sure what the cost is and if its per hour?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

Or book a lounge?

When I flew out I had a 10hr stop-over in HK.

Fortunately I flew business, and had access to the Cathay lounge but loads to eat, drink and showers with a playstation area for the kids so wasnt too bad.

I think there is one called the Travellers Rest with the same facilities near Gate 3 (or 4)..

J

Guest willow1234

hi hazel we did this stop with 2 teenages,we didnt book any rooms ! there is rest rooms in the airport were you can freshen up....the airport is quite big with things to do and the 6 hrs we had to wait went really fast after the long haul frm heathrow, also the seating area was comfy. hope this helps..

Hi Not sure about Hong Kong but in singapore we just went to use on site facilities - we just used the showers but we could have hired a room/gym/lounge for a few hours. You could just turn up and pay. TBH the shower was a great pick me up - we took minature toiletiries (but they do provide them, towels and dryers)- and a change of undies and t-shirt in hand luggage. It was well worth doing.

Check on the airport website to see if they have something similar.

Just found this

http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/passenger/transfer-transit/all/shower-pay-in-lounge/shower-facilities.html

They also have children's areas

Guest owenker4

hi,

Myself, my Husband and my 2 girls did the journey from Heathrow to Hong Kong and had a 6 hour stop. Personally I think booking into a Hotel would be a waste of money, the airport is relatively comfortable. It has free Wi Fi, comfortable lounge areas, plenty of shops, plenty of bars and rooms to freshen up. We also thought the 6 hours went really quickly.....

Good luck xxx

Guest guest569

i agree with the last person, My best mate arrived yesterday and had 5 hours at Hong Kong. He had a good look around the shops, had a beer or 2 at a bar, used the free internet with his lap top and then had a massage. Then it was time to head on to Adelaide !!!

Guest m.jephcott

I also agree with the posts, we spent 6 hours in this airport and it was massive. There was a play area for our youngest two age 2 and 3, plenty of shops and resturants. Compared to Heathrow which was loud, hot and crowded the airport was cool, quiet and fairly empty. It's great for the kids to stretch there legs after being stuck on a plane for hours, more chance of them sleeping on the second flight.