475 to 887

Guest zoes904272

Guest zoes904272

Hi Everyone.

Happy New Year!

We submitted our application for the 887 on 16th December 2010 and have now uploaded all documents required. Does anyone know how to find out the current processing times and how do you know when you have been allocated a Case Officer?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Zoe and Rob Smith

Guest Martin and Val

Hi, it may help you to have a look through this earlier thread as some information contained in it could be of use to you.

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/adelaide-migration-issues/18980-887-online-applications-when-upload-docs.html

More info can be obtained from here:

Skilled - Regional (subclass 887)

Visa processing times vary and are affected by a range of factors outside of the department's control. Please note that as the department receives a large number of applications you will not be contacted immediately. For information on specific processing times please refer to: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/after-you-lodge.htm.

And the other option is to send a blank email to

gsmb.information@immi.gov.au

As a rule of thumb I would say the average seems to be somewhere between 4-6 weeks so hopefully you don’t wait to long. Good luck and have a great new year.

Martin

Guest Martin and Val
Thanks Martin and Val.

Were you contacted when you received a case officer?

Hi, No sorry we wasn't notified but when you log in on line to check the status of your application you will know if somebody has looked at the file as dates would have changed and generally say "Application being processed further"

Hope this helps, good luck

Martin

Guest Martin and Val
I spoke to Immi on the phone a couple of months ago and they said then it was a 5 month wait xxx

When you speak to immigration they will always say that, they did to us also. But the fact is 887 on-line applications take about 4-6 weeks and that was said to me when I contacted them regarding our application when my father died and I needed to know about the status of our visa. Paper based applications generally take longer and I know of nobody that has waited longer than 6 weeks and that is exactly what it took for ours.

Good luck to all those waiting and maybe it will help those who are waiting if we post the time scales that we had before getting our visa. Mine is in my signature but here goes anyway:

887 on-line application submitted 24th Oct Visa granted 2nd Dec. (39 days)

Cheers

Martin

I am currently going through the visa process from a 475 to 887, we have been waiting for 4 months already to gain a Case Officer, I spoke with them just recently, they said it will take at least another 4 to 6 weeks, before an Officer is provided. However, we will only be notified through my employer, because the first two stages involves the employer only. The Immigration will notify the employers first who will then notify me.

Tony

Guest Martin and Val
I am currently going through the visa process from a 475 to 887, we have been waiting for 4 months already to gain a Case Officer, I spoke with them just recently, they said it will take at least another 4 to 6 weeks, before an Officer is provided. However, we will only be notified through my employer, because the first two stages involves the employer only. The Immigration will notify the employers first who will then notify me.

Tony

Forgive me for asking Tony but do I take it your application is not straight forward. By that I mean having met the criteria of going from a 475 to an 887 of living for two years and working full time for one? Why are your employers involved?

I certainly hope you don't have to wait much longer, it seems strange why I and others only wait a matter a weeks.

Good luck

Martin

Hi Martin,

I came to Adelaide on a State Sponsorship Visa (Subclass 475) and gained employment. After two weeks my employers stated that they can sponsor me for permanent residency. Which of course I jumped at it, basically gaining permanent residency immediately and not waiting for the full two years and working for a year etc. However I am aware that I have to stay with the same employer for two years.

We have been throught the first bit, where the job and compnay is validated and now we are in the second part, which is the approval stage of the application of course subject to poilce checks and medicals. We are just currently waiting for a Case Officer to be assigned and then we will pay for the visa and have our medicals completed.

Tony

Guest Mitchell

Hiya Tony

The 2 years with the same employer is not a requirement it's just an intention unless your employer put it in your contract. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get promoted due to this bit of the visa but my visa agent (paid for by my employer) said you and the employer just need to have the intention of staying put at the time you apply. There's nothing in my contract so technically I could swap employers after getting my PR however I love my job so won't be leaving any time soon :)

Hiya Tony

The 2 years with the same employer is not a requirement it's just an intention unless your employer put it in your contract. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get promoted due to this bit of the visa but my visa agent (paid for by my employer) said you and the employer just need to have the intention of staying put at the time you apply. There's nothing in my contract so technically I could swap employers after getting my PR however I love my job so won't be leaving any time soon :)

I was actually told if I want to change employers, then the new employer has take over the visa, immigration told me that my contract has to state a minimum of two years on it. Different stories are told by so many people lol.

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Tony,

So really your application is not a straight forward 475 to 887 and your time scale can't really be given as a normal waiting time. An 887 visa is a PR visa and if I'm not mistaken once it's granted it can't be removed so how can your employer be involved with the application or is their some kind of different subclass to this visa that is employer sponsored? How long have you been here now and was this route really worth it? If you wait the two years which you must of done some of by now and you your self say you've probably got a few months to wait still then your in, not stuck with any contracts, no further medicals to do ad it only cost $335

Anyway I hope you get it soon, cheers

Martin

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Everyone.

Happy New Year!

We submitted our application for the 887 on 16th December 2010 and have now uploaded all documents required. Does anyone know how to find out the current processing times and how do you know when you have been allocated a Case Officer?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Zoe and Rob Smith

Hi

We applied on the 20 Dec and haven't heard anything, yet some people have had their visa processed within 10 days - don't get it. Our case isn't that straight forward and it's possible they (DIAC) might request newer police checks but still not even a sign that the application has been looked at.

How about you? Any news?

Good luck

Odette :)

Sent a blank email to gsm for info on processing times. This is what it says about current times for the 887:

Applications lodged before the following dates are currently being

considered by a case officer:

Skilled – Regional subclass 887

VB 887 (e-lodged) 7 December 2010

VB 887 (paper): 20 November 2010

So according to this we've awhile to wait yet - still doesn't explain why they process some within 2 weeks though? Don't understand it.

:goofy:

Sent a blank email to gsm for info on processing times. This is what it says about current times for the 887:

Applications lodged before the following dates are currently being

considered by a case officer:

Skilled – Regional subclass 887

VB 887 (e-lodged) 7 December 2010

VB 887 (paper): 20 November 2010

So according to this we've awhile to wait yet - still doesn't explain why they process some within 2 weeks though? Don't understand it.

:goofy:

It's the luck of the draw I'm afraid.

We had to wait over 5 months whilst others were getting it in 2/3 weeks.

There is no logic to it. :arghh:

Hi Tony,

So really your application is not a straight forward 475 to 887 and your time scale can't really be given as a normal waiting time. An 887 visa is a PR visa and if I'm not mistaken once it's granted it can't be removed so how can your employer be involved with the application or is their some kind of different subclass to this visa that is employer sponsored?

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Being tied to an employer removes one of the benefits of the 887, which is being able to live and work wherever you like in Aus. Seems a bit peculiar to me!

Jim

It's the luck of the draw I'm afraid.

We had to wait over 5 months whilst others were getting it in 2/3 weeks.

There is no logic to it. :arghh:

Am I right in thinking you applied to Adelaide on paper though? I know that can take ages but thought the online ones were supposed to be processed quicker and in order - if you know what I mean.

You're bang on the money when you say there is no logic to it. When you applied were your circumstances unusual? I wonder if they process the really straight forward ones and leave all the slightly tricky applicants till last?