Glad that's over!!!

Guest Trakki

Well, today we had our medicals and I am sooooooo glad it is over and done with. We left home at 9.30 (in 2 cars coz there was 8 of us as Petes 2 had to come aswell) Had to first of all go to have x-rays at the Claremont hospital in sheffield. Gave ourselves 1.5 hours to get there, should only take an hour but got mega lost and it took 2 hours to get there. Had x-rays done with no probs. Niamh all this time was crying, she cried all day!! Then thought it would only take 20 mins to get to the Duke medical centre in sheffield but nooooooooooo it took an hour as we got so lost AGAIN!!:arghh: Signposting in Sheffield is awful. I thought we would be ok as where we had to go was near where I used to work but they have changed all the one way system!

Anyway, I can't praise the Health centre enough as they were fantastic, so organised and knew exactly what to do. 4 of us saw one Dr, 4 saw another so was great. They (including the receptionists) were excellent with the children, even Sophie who couldn't wee on demand. Got the all clear from the medicals, no mention of my weight either :o

Off we went to McDonalds with the promise that we would take a wee back for Sophie. This we did and set off home. Left at 4.30 and got home at 7pm. For those of you that know Sheffield it took from 4.30 til 6.05 to get from one end of the Parkway to the other, al this time Niamh is screaming, she eventually falls asleep and Joe starts and Jack and Sophie start getting upset as they are soooo tired. I had to stop 20 mins from home and feed Joe as he was going a dark shade of purple crying!! Now they are all asleep and poor Pete had now got a 3 hour round trip to take his two home.

Medicals in all cost £288 for 4 x-rays, £83.89 for blood tests and £681.48 for the medicals so total of £1053.37. Not bad really for 8 of us.

I never want to go through that again although I would highly recommend the Duke medical centre for your meds.

Anyway I will stop waffling now as I bet you are bored stupid.

Tracey

Guest graandjac

:chatterbox:Tracey god knows how you do it, but i take my hat off to you........I thought pete was a driving instructor how did he get lost....? anyway all done on ward for the big wait . Good luck Cheers Graham.

PS ........just how old is pete ithought he looked great for his mid 60s;)

Hi Tracey,

You must be exhausted after all that!

I'm bad enough with myself and three others (2 kids and the bigger one!) L.O.L., it is some expense but worth it as long as nothing is flagged up. You just want everything to run smooth, no hiccups, the journey was probably a skoosh case compared with something in the medicals being hi-lighted.

but well done you, you obviously came through to the other side if you are able to be sane enough to let us all know your ordeal.

Have a wee glass on me!

7_4_16.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxuk137YYGB

Hi Tracey,

You must be exhausted after all that!

I'm bad enough with myself and three others (2 kids and the bigger one!) L.O.L., it is some expense but worth it as long as nothing is flagged up. You just want everything to run smooth, no hiccups, the journey was probably a skoosh case compared with something in the medicals being hi-lighted.

but well done you, you obviously came through to the other side if you are able to be sane enough to let us all know your ordeal.

Have a wee glass on me!

7_4_16.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxuk137YYGB

Thanks for the replies, I am so relieved that everything was OK with all the medicals and you are right that I'd have rather had the journey from hell than something be wrong with one of the medicals.

PS ........just how old is pete ithought he looked great for his mid 60s

Sorry can't give that info away although I think he feels way older than mid 60s at the mo!! Lets just say he is older than me but younger than the age cut off for the visas!!

ps hope Pete is not navigating when you finally go to Oz! Lord knows where you will end up!

I must admit that is was me that got lost first. Pete was following me and as I used to work at the Childrens hospital in sheffield and where we had to go was near there I thought I knew best but they have changed all the road layout. :arghh:

Tracey

ouch, that is exhausting just reading it :wacko:

glad it's over for you though - i bet you are glad too :biglaugh:

but as mentioned before 'hat off' - i don't know how you both do it!

and woheyyyy that everything's allright with the medicals for you!

another step closer!

i told you you'll be there before us :cute:

God i feel such a fraud :embarrassed:.

Our meds and x-rays couldn't have been any easier.

Sam and I only required x-rays for our 457 visa which were done yesterday morning in Chichester. Drove straight to the hospital and were in and out within the hour.

Went back to the hospital to pick up the films and forms at 2pm and then took the kids for their meds, again in Chichester. And yet again in and out within the hour and totally painless. No1 son was fantastic and wee'd in a pot as asked. Passed with flying colours.

Only bad point is that Elliott's passport photo is of him at 9 months (he's 5 now) so we have to provide the doctor with a letter from his school on headed paper with a photograph and a statement of true likeness and how long they've known him.

Should get that by the end of the week so we'll get it couriered to Sydney on Monday of next week.

Last big hurdle i hope before we get the visa. Only a few weeks to go :D.

Guest Aussiebound

Sounds like you had a great day!!!!!!!!!!

At least its all over and done with - next email will be confirmation of the visa!!!!!!!!!

We have our medicals in Nottingham on 12th December. More forms to fill in - again!

Sarah