State Migration Plan is out!!!!!!

Guest leemina

Guest proctor3069

Thanks for the info. Just had a look (a bit nervous mind!!) and motor mechanic is on it. I take it that means i automatically move to cat 2?. Cant believe it is out today we have been checking since May lol.

YYYYIIIIIPPPPPPEEEE

We too are on the list - hello cat 2. I am in a state of shock, I wasn't expecting anything to happen until at least the end of the week if at all. I've had a really sh*t day at work and I came home grumpy. What a shock I got when I read it, I almost cannot believe it. Needless to say bad mood gone now. I am off work tomorrow so may have to celebrate with a wee vino or 4 later.

Good luck to all who move to cat 2 and Happy New Year also thanks to SA for our nice news

Lorraine x

Guest bishvegas

OMG I really can't believe it's finally out. After several nervous weeks of waiting we are now a cat 2 yipee! What a fab start to the New Year. Congrats to everyone else who has moved up the list. Here's hoping we all get Case Officers ASAP.

Julie

Hi fellow SA hopefuls,

We too are on the SMP, whooo hoooo!!!

What a shocker seeing it in all its full glory, its been a long time coming but defo worth the wait..

Bring on Cat 2 and Diac start dishing out those case officers.

Good luck to you all and I hope you all get your visa's soon.

Adele x

Guest jillabong

OMG, cant believe we are on the list!!!!!! woooooohooooooooooooo

there is some talk on PIO that it should not have been released yet and that we should not be getting excited because it "has not been released officially" but for once i'm staying positive and am hoping that by the time we wake up tomorrow SA and DIAC would have sent out all the relevant updates and then we can all celebrate officially (me jumping around the house like a maniac already though!!!!)

Also my heart goes out to those who havent made the list, dont give up on your dream!

and of course, Happy New Year all, hope all our dreams come true in 2011!!

take it easy

Jill

Hi Jill,

I have just read on PIO that a mistake has been made and by all accounts the list was released early. Alan Collett and others have posted various replies which support this theory, however someone who posts on PIO has spoken with SA and I believe they were advised that we should have news "sooner rather than later". I love your optimism Jill and being a glass half full gal myself I go to bed in the hope that all will come good in the morning.

My understanding is that the list we all viewed is bona fide, I just don't think it had been officially signed off yet and therefore should not have been released so prematurely. (Hey put our hands up if you've never made a mistake! - no judgement here, I make mistakes all the time!)

It is a difficult time for many people who have invested years of their lives not to mention the emotional and financial roller coaster element of it all. I think it was a simple mistake which I am sure will be rectified quickly and which will give many of us cause for celebration.

However my inner optimist refused to be deflated plus Zumba starts back 2moro so I will hopefully be doubly celebrating.

nite nite all

Lorrane x

Guest jillabong
Can anyone give me the link for the SA SMP i cant find anything anywhere

Thanks

Donna

Hi Donna

unfortunately there is no longer a link to the SA site and the SMP as officially it hasn't been signed off yet! i think we weren't supposed to see the list yet, but someone on PIO spoke to a guy in SA last night and he said that we should expect it to be released officially sooner rather than later :D so lets hope we all get the good news we are waiting for SOON, and that the list we saw really is the SMP list, here's holding thumbs for all of us!

this probably isnt the answer you were looking for but hope it clarifies why we cant find the link anymore

Jill

Guest littlem

Hi, we are hoping to apply for SA ss when the smp comes out, we are going to do it ourselves and wondered if the online form has to be completed in one hit or can it be saved and gone back to?? Can anyone give me an idea.

Many thanks

Michelle

Guest jillabong
Hi, we are hoping to apply for SA ss when the smp comes out, we are going to do it ourselves and wondered if the online form has to be completed in one hit or can it be saved and gone back to?? Can anyone give me an idea.

Many thanks

Michelle

Hi Michelle

welcome to PIA!!

as far as im aware i think you can save it and go back to it again, good luck with your application

Jill

Guest littlem
Hi Michelle

welcome to PIA!!

as far as im aware i think you can save it and go back to it again, good luck with your application

Jill

Hi Jill

Thanks for that. I see you are a 475 applicant, what area can you live in around Adelaide?

The reason i ask is we are ex wa ss we applied for 475 ss to wa on 27 nov 09 (similar timeline to you) but we are not on the smp but looks like we are on SA's. We were thinking if we got the ss to re apply and pay another lodgement fee in order to get PR? Or to just stick with the 475.

Its swings and roundabouts but all down to money, we had an agent do everything for us for wa hense my question about the online form but they want another £2k to re apply plus another lodgement fee for Diac....bottomless pit time Lol!

Michelle

Guest jillabong
Hi Jill

Thanks for that. I see you are a 475 applicant, what area can you live in around Adelaide?

The reason i ask is we are ex wa ss we applied for 475 ss to wa on 27 nov 09 (similar timeline to you) but we are not on the smp but looks like we are on SA's. We were thinking if we got the ss to re apply and pay another lodgement fee in order to get PR? Or to just stick with the 475.

Its swings and roundabouts but all down to money, we had an agent do everything for us for wa hense my question about the online form but they want another £2k to re apply plus another lodgement fee for Diac....bottomless pit time Lol!

Michelle

Hi Michelle

with SA you can settle anywhere in the state unlike other states which is a big bonus!

If i was you i would rather re apply to DIAC and get the PR (the only reason we are 475 was agent recommended this route at the time as it was quickest!!!!! if we were doing it again we would go the PR route for sure),

otherwise 2 years down the line you will just have to pay again to get your PR, ad at least you know when you actually get there you can be there forever with no worries!

if you dont do it through your agent then i think spending the money on re applying is a far better way of doing it ( it is really cheeky of them wanting you to cough up again to apply for SA!!!!!) but as you say, everything comes down to funds

there is no fee to apply for SS to SA and everything is done online now so you could go and have a look at the requirements, i think as long as your job is on their intrim list (at the moment) you can apply, however the SMP should be out really soon so you could get all the paperwork sorted ready to lodge as soon as SMP is out

what is your occupation by the way?

hope this is of some help

Jill

Guest littlem

Hi Jill

We would apply under Project/Programme administrator ( it was on the list that came out yesterday by mistake so fingers crossed) my husband is a credit/project mgr and that was the best fit. There is lots of work in Adelaide so hopefully they will say yes.

Thanks for your help and good luck with the SMP.

Michelle

x

Having the delay has helped give me time to get everything together.

Hi Michelle

with SA you can settle anywhere in the state unlike other states which is a big bonus!

If i was you i would rather re apply to DIAC and get the PR (the only reason we are 475 was agent recommended this route at the time as it was quickest!!!!! if we were doing it again we would go the PR route for sure),

otherwise 2 years down the line you will just have to pay again to get your PR, ad at least you know when you actually get there you can be there forever with no worries!

if you dont do it through your agent then i think spending the money on re applying is a far better way of doing it ( it is really cheeky of them wanting you to cough up again to apply for SA!!!!!) but as you say, everything comes down to funds

there is no fee to apply for SS to SA and everything is done online now so you could go and have a look at the requirements, i think as long as your job is on their intrim list (at the moment) you can apply, however the SMP should be out really soon so you could get all the paperwork sorted ready to lodge as soon as SMP is out

what is your occupation by the way?

Jill

Guest guest1

We are also waiting to see if we are able to be bumped up to Category 2 when they release the SMP (properly)...Does anyone know what the expected waiting time will be for those that do get bumped up to cat2??

Guest jillabong
where does it say on the site about ssmp list:chatterbox:

it doesn't anymore, they have taken the pages down as not officially signed off yet!!!!!, see my above posts

Jill

Guest jillabong

My previous explanation, please read as to why you cant find the list:

Hi Donna

unfortunately there is no longer a link to the SA site and the SMP as officially it hasn't been signed off yet! i think we weren't supposed to see the list yet, but someone on PIO spoke to a guy in SA last night and he said that we should expect it to be released officially sooner rather than later :D so lets hope we all get the good news we are waiting for SOON, and that the list we saw really is the SMP list, here's holding thumbs for all of us!

this probably isnt the answer you were looking for but hope it clarifies why we cant find the link anymore

Jill

cant find the smp list which part of the site is it on.Or is bricklaying on the list.

the above should answer your question, but from the 'unofficial list' I saw yesterday bricklayer WAS on the list, however please dont hold me to this as no one knows if this was the signed off list or not..............

just hoping they will let us all know officially SOON!!!!!!!!! and we can move to Cat 2!!!!! ;)

Jill