• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Adelaide Suberbs - West or South?

Highbury, SA
      4221 times
      Quote Originally Posted by jlr248 View Post
      From what i have seen east looks really pricey and hadnt really considered north because of things id heard about Elizabeth etc and also that north was very industrial.
      Look at some northeast suburbs, try Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au and put in suburbs such as Golden Grove, Modbury, Fairview Park, Hope Valley, Dernancourt, Greenwith, Highbury, Athelstone, Tea Tree Gully, Paradise, Wynn Vale... or go onto Australian travel maps, street directory, driving directions & aerial photographs - Whereis.com and put any of those suburbs in to get any idea of location. All have excellent public transport and road links into the City, fantastic choice of schools, range of older and newer properties - the older ones will tend to be on larger plots of land - within your budget, great shopping facilities, good employment prospects, between 30 and 40 minutes to the beach, good sports and social clubs.....

Yes, there are some industrial areas in the near north - but I wouldn't say it's "very industrial"; yes, parts of Elizabeth are not ideal - but similarly there are places all over that you'd say the same about!

There are also some great suburbs in the South East to consider.

If budget is a consideration (and let's face it, these days, who is lucky enough not to have to consider budget?!) as well as accessibility to the City, and beachside is not an absolute must (which I can understand is a big "lifestyle" factor for many), then please don't rule out other areas before you'd had a chance to check them out.

I seem to spend my lifetime on here trying to justify why not everything north of the City is "Elizabeth" to those who have never even been there, so please excuse me getting on my soapbox again!

Here's a couple of pictures of where I walk my dog everyday, just you can get an idea of how industrial it is round here!

jlr248 and MutleyCrew like this.
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

Was Walsall now Redwood Park NE Adelaide
      97 times
      SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH Diane ................. don`t tell everyone how nice it is up here ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12