visa 887...and centerlink

Guest sandyfernandes73

Guest sandyfernandes73

we finally put in our applications on the 10.1.2011 and are keeping our fingers crossed for an early outcome....we went to the medicare office yesterday and got some paper slips that should serve as MEDICARE cards till the hard ones come in....they claim full benefits are ON....i gave the MEDICARE dept a call and they confirmed it...so out goes pvt health @ 379$ a month...HOORAY TO THAT.....

we got a 3yr old daughter going to childcare...

any of you guys on the forum know the benefits that are available on the 887?? childcare benefit,house rent assistance,etc....how cruel :skeptical:are the waiting periods on the benefits....some one told me 24 months.....sob...sob...sob...sob...sob...sob...sob...

we finally put in our applications on the 10.1.2011 and are keeping our fingers crossed for an early outcome....we went to the medicare office yesterday and got some paper slips that should serve as MEDICARE cards till the hard ones come in....they claim full benefits are ON....i gave the MEDICARE dept a call and they confirmed it...so out goes pvt health @ 379$ a month...HOORAY TO THAT.....

we got a 3yr old daughter going to childcare...

any of you guys on the forum know the benefits that are available on the 887?? childcare benefit,house rent assistance,etc....how cruel :skeptical:are the waiting periods on the benefits....some one told me 24 months.....sob...sob...sob...sob...sob...sob...sob...

Hi

We too have recently put in our online 887 visa application (20 Dec 2010) and are looking forward to getting it asap although reckon, with the Brisbane office being closed until further notice due to the floods, that it may well take longer than we first thought.

You will be entitled to the following from Centrelink - Family Tax benefit A (helps with the costs of raising children) and Family tax benefit B (if you are a single income family, single parent or the second income is less than $4,700 (approx - can't remember exact amount) per annum). You can also get substantial help with childcare costs.

Check out the following links for more info.

Family Tax Benefit Part A

Family Tax Benefit Part B

I believe Unemployment support/income support can only be claimed upon a further two years as a permanent resident. You should however be immediately entitled to rent assistance.

I hope that helps a bit.

Good luck

Odette :)

Guest sandyfernandes73

thanks!! some thing is better than nothing....after a long wait ...house rent assistance?? any clue how much ?..i am renting at $1083pm currently..we are both working..and our combined income is about $90000 pa...we spend about $1500 on childcare every month....any idea on the quantam of rebate on childcare???....flooding in brisbane....worst time to happen.....will have to wait and see how it goes....thanks a lot ...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sandyfernandes73
Hi

We too have recently put in our online 887 visa application (20 Dec 2010) and are looking forward to getting it asap although reckon, with the Brisbane office being closed until further notice due to the floods, that it may well take longer than we first thought.

You will be entitled to the following from Centrelink - Family Tax benefit A (helps with the costs of raising children) and Family tax benefit B (if you are a single income family, single parent or the second income is less than $4,700 (approx - can't remember exact amount) per annum). You can also get substantial help with childcare costs.

Check out the following links for more info.

Family Tax Benefit Part A

Family Tax Benefit Part B

I believe Unemployment support/income support can only be claimed upon a further two years as a permanent resident. You should however be immediately entitled to rent assistance.

I hope that helps a bit.

Good luck

Odette :)

Odette, we put in our application on the 10.1 and got our PR on 28.1.....within 19 days....what a relief?? thank god and bless all those who prayed for us....we are planning a visit to the centerlink office one of these days and will keep you posted on the developements

Guest zoes904272

Lucky you - we lodged ours on 16th December and are still waiting - we were told last Monday that the Brisbane office had been shut for two weeks because of the floods and only just re-opened and that they were only processing up to 7th December and that we would be in the next run - fingers crossed! We were planning a celebration on Aussie Day before my parents flew back to the UK and we're now hoping it comes through for our anniversary on 14th February - keep praying for us everyone!