Affordable accommodation in Glenelg?

Guest Squareman

Guest Squareman

Bloody hell! Visa is due to come through any day now and I can't find cheap-ass accommodation anywhere near Glenelg! All I'm looking for is somewhere clean and comfortable for a couple of weeks that is within 2km of Jetty Road for around $150 per day. It's a bad time of the year, I know, but surely.......

Any suggestions?

Guest cornish Busdriver
Bloody hell! Visa is due to come through any day now and I can't find cheap-ass accommodation anywhere near Glenelg! All I'm looking for is somewhere clean and comfortable for a couple of weeks that is within 2km of Jetty Road for around $150 per day. It's a bad time of the year, I know, but surely.......

Any suggestions?

Why within 2klm of jetty road when theres good transort links and dont take very long at all to get there plus parking down the bay is a pig ?

You got the 600 from marrion way, the 110 and j1 from west beach area, 190 from the east and regular tram service plus loads of other busses that end up down there as well.

You will be lucky to find cheap as accomdation in the winter let alone summer lol :biglaugh:

Guest cornish Busdriver

No-worries mate.

I work in the public transport system here so clued up on the transit links.

i would say if you gont mind 10 or 15 minutes travel time look at west beach, brighton, marrion or the city outskirts

I had a look at The TAFT at Glenelg (got to keep an eye on the competition) :cute: the other day and prices are around $155pn for a 1 bedroom appartment with 1 adult staying, 2 adults are $165pn.

2 bed appartments are $165pn for 1 adult, 2 adults are $175pn.

Might be cheaper in winter though.

Best of luck

Judi