Online 887 Visa application help

Flutterby

Hi all,

Am just completing the online 887 application as we have now been here two years - I have been through the whole thing and have saved it, just a couple of queries.

Health Requirements - It asks for details of the medicals you have undergone for this visa application. Now I know that we don't need to do medicals again for this visa but the questions it asks are not really relevant to us so how did those of you who have already got your visas get past this stage? At the moment I have said that we had them done today so I could move through the application but grateful for any advice here.

Other Family members - Does it want family members for the two of us (me & husband) or just me as it is not clear.

Many thanks, I was hoping to apply today but I don't want to make the payment until I have these two points clarified...

Cheers

Flutterby

Most people who have had the 887 granted did not have to have new medicals. To get through this part of the online form I think we stated 'yes' to the medical question, as it was the only way we could proceed through to the next stage. Can't quite remember the context now though - sorry!

Other family members: For the 495 we had to give details of both sides (applicant and spouse) but on the 887 online form it was only asking for the applicant's family details.

We put our application in on 20 Dec and reckon we might have a long wait due to the Brisbane CBD floods and evacuation etc. Ho hum, we've waited years for this so what's a while longer.

Good luck with your application.

Odette :)

Thanks for your replies - I don't know of anyone who applied for this visa from the 495 who has had to have medicals done again, the full medical you do for the initial GSM visa is normally considered sufficient. A work colleague submitted his 887 application in the middle of Dec and has only been asked for AFP checks.

I was going to say yes and give today's date but also attach a letter explaining that we had our full medicals done in 2007 and I am not able to explain this in the space available.

Anyway - I couldn't have a medical now anyway as I am 3 months pregnant!

Thanks for info re the family members - I am going to call DIAC this afternoon so will see what they say and let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so confused! I just rang immi (adelaide) and they said we DO need new medicals as the old ones are only valid for a year?! They said that we can make the booking, get a reference number to get past that bit on the application, and then keep rescheduling the appt until a CO to contacts us to ask for them. This seems very random.... thoughts?

They also said that our visa won't be granted while we are out of the country - this I knew, but we are away at Easter and I'm thinking that'll be just our luck someone looking at our application then! Immi said they'll e-mail us to ask us to return to Australia - but I'm worried they'll refuse our application, or put it at the bottom of the pile - or worse, forget about it all together!

Any advice?

The majority of people who have been granted the 887 have NOT had new medicals. IMO the Adelaide based immi office is a pretty unreliable source of factual or helpful information! Whenever I need to clarify anything I phone the main Immigration info line National Telephone Numbers

If you're applying online you will not have to deal with the Adelaide office as they are processed in Brisbane and it will only confuse matters if you do call the Adelaide branch. Paper based apps are processed in Adelaide and can take a very long time to be granted (many months as opposed to 6 - 8 weeks as seems to be the current online 887 processing time).

Sorry, not sure what to suggest about the Easter time dilemna - can you wait until you return to put in your application?

Hi,

Just to keep you updated and hopefully to reassure Jo Marnes, we applied for our 887 online last week. In the section on the online form about medicals, I put No when asked if I had medicals and "not applicable" in the reference number section.

We got our 887 visa grant this morning, just over a week later! We were not asked for medicals. Neither was one of my work colleagues who received his visa grant on Tuesday.

I can't believe it came through so quickly especially as the Brisbane office only reopened on Monday. I had no contact from a case officer beforehand - just the visa grant because I frontloaded the AFP checks with my application.

Hope that helps

Flutterby -

Many congratulations on the granting of your visa and yes that was super quick.

Got me a bit worried now though as we submitted on 20 Dec and still have no news but then our case is a bit more complicated, work wise. I'm beginning to think they've forgotten about us or we've been missed. :(

They may come back and ask for new police checks as we submitted older ones but haven't left Australia at all in three years so hope they might accept them.

Enjoy your celebrations!

:)

Hi,

Just to keep you updated and hopefully to reassure Jo Marnes, we applied for our 887 online last week. In the section on the online form about medicals, I put No when asked if I had medicals and "not applicable" in the reference number section.

We got our 887 visa grant this morning, just over a week later! We were not asked for medicals. Neither was one of my work colleagues who received his visa grant on Tuesday.

I can't believe it came through so quickly especially as the Brisbane office only reopened on Monday. I had no contact from a case officer beforehand - just the visa grant because I frontloaded the AFP checks with my application.

Hope that helps

Thankyou and Congratulations!! That's awesome :-)

I'm pretty sure the bloke I spoke to knew nothing.... I would have rung Brisbane but no phone number online. I will leave medicals for now. They don'tlike to make it simple do they??!

Flutterby -

Many congratulations on the granting of your visa and yes that was super quick.

Got me a bit worried now though as we submitted on 20 Dec and still have no news but then our case is a bit more complicated, work wise. I'm beginning to think they've forgotten about us or we've been missed. :(

They may come back and ask for new police checks as we submitted older ones but haven't left Australia at all in three years so hope they might accept them.

Enjoy your celebrations!

:)

I don't know why ours was so quick!! But I am very pleased.....! I do hope you hear something soon - maybe give them a call and find out what is happening with it?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I applied my 887 visa on 1st Feb from495. I don't know what's happening with my case though everything is uploaded except for medicals. Has anyone got a visa grant lately? Please update.

Hi

I applied my 887 visa on 1st Feb from495. I don't know what's happening with my case though everything is uploaded except for medicals. Has anyone got a visa grant lately? Please update.

I applied on 1st Feb as well but got my 887 visa granted on the 3rd of Feb. Why not phone and check what is happening? I didnt get asked for medicals I did what a previous poster suggested put NO and NOT APPLICABLE and that was that. I was orignally from a high risk country too so that doesnt seem to make a difference.

I applied on 1st Feb as well but got my 887 visa granted on the 3rd of Feb. Why not phone and check what is happening? I didnt get asked for medicals I did what a previous poster suggested put NO and NOT APPLICABLE and that was that. I was orignally from a high risk country too so that doesnt seem to make a difference.

Thanks for the quick reply. :)

Could you let me know the number, please? May call them tomorrow and inquire. I hope it's not too early to bother the DIAC :huh:

Guest Avastar

We recently got our 887 in just 20 days (originally on a 475). This may be of help, here's a list of the documents we (family of 4) scanned and submitted

Birth certificates x 4 (certified)

Passport photo page x 4 (certified)

Marriage certificate (certifified)

Employer's letter

One wage slip per month from my employer to confirm full-time employment over 16 month period

Tax return letter from most recent year

Front cover of Will (last will & testament) made in Oz when we arrived

electric bill x3 - randomly selected over 2 years

telephone bill x3 - randomly selected over 2 years

front cover of each of our lease agreements (we've had 3 rentals in 2 years)

school report for year 1- front and last page scanned with teacher's comments

school report for year 2- front and last page scanned with teacher's comments

Australian Federal Police check certificate for both adults

We applied online and online applicants get access to a different checklist for documents than the paper-based applicant checklist that can is listed here -

Skilled - Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887)

This confused me initially as I was working to the paper-based checklist and was half-way through completing the Form 80's again when I realised! Online applicants don't need to submit new form 80's.

There's also no need to submit new passport photos for onliners, and medicals are not necessary in the majority of cases as explained elsewhere here. We weren't asked for them.

You are advised to wait til applying for Federal Police Checks but we applied for them the day after submitting the online application - and 3 days later were requested them by our CO. Here's the link to the application form and supporting info:

National Police Checks - Australian Federal Police

Cost of the visa is 235 AUD and is a one-off cost, no matter how many people are included in the application. You'll notice when you begin the application that the vast majority of questions are aimed at the principal applicant i.e. the family member that has worked the 12 months f/time requirement.

Here's the link to page 1 of the official 887 page:

Skilled -Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887)

Hope this info helps :-)

Hi

Urgent question

My CO has requested for AFP and have already submitted NPC. What is the difference? and where do I apply for AFP? Please HELP.

Not sure what the difference is between the NPC and AFP. The AFP is obtained from the Federal Government in Canberra and is done on your name. (you dont need to have fingerprints taken) You download the form off the internet, fill it in, attach a certified copy of your passport and go to the postoffice, pay the fee and send ithe form and postal order off. Did you get a police clearance from the state perhaps rather than the Federal Government? Else if your police check was from the Federal Government check again with your CO what they are requiring it may be that they have overlooked your police clearance.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hrubieszowianka

Can I ask a question, just following the topic of 887 application.

I have filled in the whole on-line application and saved it just without the card details. Where do I attach the supporting documentation? I can't see it anywhere and don't know if something will pop up after I hit submit. Or do I attach the scanned docs only after the CO asks for them?

Guest hrubieszowianka

Thanks for that. I now got myself all work up. I have paid and it means lodged the application, but I had everything scanned onto one pdf document and the site tells me it is too big.

I worry that I won't be able to attach anything after I exit the site. Or can the supporting documentation be attached later? If not, what to do?