TRA SKills Assessment

Guest guest7008

Guest guest7008

Hi, anyone out there know the current (ish) processing time for Skills Assesment? As in once its sent how long it roughly takes to get a postive result?? Thank you for any help!! The Rimmers:chatterbox:

Guest Cara&Gav
Hi, anyone out there know the current (ish) processing time for Skills Assesment? As in once its sent how long it roughly takes to get a postive result?? Thank you for any help!! The Rimmers:chatterbox:

Hi,

It took about a month to get out positive skills assessment - see our timeline below.

Good Luck

Cara

Guest guest7008

hi, we have just started, agent appointed, all tra paperwork done within a week (agent excellent!!) tra skills sent this week, then just gotta wait to get that back then apply for SS, we have to lodge to DIAC before July2011 (before points system changes) so pretty tight timelines!! Having a few sleepless nights I must say!! Agent reckons all being well we will lodge June 2011 as approx 8 weeks to get TRA back, then approx 8 weeks to get SS back then lodge in June - Fingers tightly crossed!!

Guest Cara&Gav
hi, we have just started, agent appointed, all tra paperwork done within a week (agent excellent!!) tra skills sent this week, then just gotta wait to get that back then apply for SS, we have to lodge to DIAC before July2011 (before points system changes) so pretty tight timelines!! Having a few sleepless nights I must say!! Agent reckons all being well we will lodge June 2011 as approx 8 weeks to get TRA back, then approx 8 weeks to get SS back then lodge in June - Fingers tightly crossed!!

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know we got TRA back in 1 month and a lot of other people seem to have as well so I hope that makes you feel better about the timescales.

Also, I dont know what state you are applying for but we have applied for SA and I've heard they can come back in 3 or 4 weeks too so try not to worry.

Cara x

My OH is a bricklayer. We posted our paper part to VETASSESS and it was 20 working days for the result. He has practical in Feb (22nd) and they say its 10 working days for answer. After that SS takes 6-8 weeks according to their site and then lord knows how long the actual visa will take. Most seem to say about 12 months! Hope not as Id love to get on the plane. I am doing all the paperwork as all the agents we rang said something different.

Hi I dont mean to be a negative, but we tried on our own and got turned down in a couple of weeks, but retried with an agent and it has taken 13 months, no qualifications just work experience, masses of phone calls and proof needed but it was worth it in the end, and just waiting for TRA now should be another 3 weeks (4 weeks in total they said), and visa application already to be lodged. We almost gave up, but we werent in a rush as Im at UNI and still got 18 months to go, so well worth the wait as Visa expected before the end of the year.

They say if you want it hard enough it will happen and Im sure that will be true for us. Best of luck x

Guest Cara&Gav

I just thought I would add a more positive spin on things. Although we have a migration agent now who helped us with our state sponsorship, we did the AQFIII qualification and the TRA on our own and passed with no problems so you don't necessarily need an agent. Their website have guidelines on the infomation they are looking for and you can always contact them if unsure.

Cara

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest7008

Hi, just wondering if you have heard anything yet regarding your skills result from TRA, think we sent off at same time as you, not heard a bean yet...I am so impatient, have you had any joy yet??

Well really shocked, after saying yesterday it wasnt done, but today we are successful, and state sponsorship being sent off by agent this afternoon, hopefully 8 weeks and then the visa gets started. We have waited so long for this.

Terjo x

• 10 months later...

Hi Shaun, Just wanted to say good luck, when we did our tra assessment initially we were failed due to not putting in enough information (however we werent told this by the assessor, we were just failed with an option to resubmit), we then decided to go through an agent who guided us through the process, which intailed giving a large amount of detailed, My husband is a bt engineer and we litterally put in from the moment he signed on to his computer in the morning to download his jobs for the day, to the moment he had completed his tasks set and signed off at the end of his shift. He explained how he would complete the job that needed doing, explaining the list of tools that he would require to complete the job.

With my husband he had no degree, he was inhouse trained, so we decided to proceed with a certificate of education for Australia so that when we arrive it will make it easier for him to get work, and he now has a AQF certificate to take with him. He used the information from this qualification to get then apply for the TRA, however he could have done the TRA process without the certificate had he completed this simplified his work by detailing the process and equipment for his daily tasks.

I hope this helps you, obviously his career warrants alot of detail and knowledge of the equipment he uses.

Best wishes

Terjo

Thanks for your reply. What migration agent did you use? How much would this cost? Thanks again, people on here are very friendly and helpful.

Hi Shaun, we used Visa bureau as our agent and they were very helpful and excellent at what they did for us, and our costs were approx £6 k all in, this included AQF certification, TRA assessment, Visa, Medicals and CRB checks for all five of us. I hope this help you

• 4 weeks later...

Terjo, hi thanks again for your never ending supply of good advice lol. I have contacted The Visa Bureau and Im waiting to hear back from them. It sound good value at 6k for what you get in return. Do they collect the documents from yourself or do you post and then they tell you what you need and what your missing? Also do you have to pay upfront or is it in split payments? What if your not eligible/ Do you still have to pay? Thanks again.

Hi Shaun,you will initially fill in a questionaire and the answers you give will help decide whether or not they can help you. We felt that this was good as if they cant help you it doesnt cost you anything lol, You pay for each part as it comes ie 1st fee instalment and when that step is complete then you pay the next, and when the visa needs to be paid for then you pay for that ect, they will give you a guide to follow, and you follow it with an approximate timeline, we scanned all our documents over to them, (although this can be time consuming it means that you dont have to pay for printing and pay for them then to get certified against the originals) also it wouldnt be long before he would get them, the adviser was brilliant he would email me just before things were due (when possible) to give me a chance to prepare for each step, and if you miss anything he can let you know quickly, the only thing this included scanning passports birth certificates marriage certificates everything, and with you having a large family like us it would soon mount up your costs.

Again let me know if I can help anymore,

Kind regards Terjo

Terjo, thanks, still waiting for reply but may give them a call today to get things really moving. Its a strange feeling at the moment as we want everything to speed up but it feels like everything takes so long lol. Will let you now when Ive spoken to them.

Hi Shaun, to be honest they are all a bit nervous, we went over for a 3 week holiday about 3 years ago and our youngest was about 12 at the time and didnt really like it but now she has got used to the idea, we decided that if we didnt get our visa then we would still move to another town over here anyway, she has alot of friends here (an awful lots of friends) but she does realise that this is a chance to do something different, our town has changed alot over the last few years and she has seen that, and this is why she understands the reasons behind our move. We are at the top end of the age where we have to decide if we stay or go, if we waited we would have missed out and the kids realised this. Our children got to see how really friendly everyone was when we were over there and this really helped, maybe we were lucky, but we couldnt believe how helpful people were and how people kept saying to us, ' you should move over here it is great' lol and that helped. And if they really hate it they can come back, but I dont believe they will, at the end of the day unless they give it a go they will never know. I am a possitive person so have always been possitive about the move, and by the way dont worry to much about the time line as believe it or not when you start the process that time goes really quickly.

It will be good to keep in touch with you guys, good luck you'll be fine. Terjo