TRA assesssment HELP!!!!

Guest shellymc

Guest shellymc

Hi

Can anyone help me with a query, In the middle of gathering all my document before submitting my TRA, using an agent Go matilda, they are asking me to go bak 23 years of my training and employment in which I have done so. Provided them with all my certificates and then provided them with the employment ( I'm a hairdresser by the way) It takes 5 years to become fully qualified and im my final year I worked in a salon in which the owner has passed away!! so I have no other proof. I am still working as a hairdresser and my current employer of 8 years has also given me a letter. I have a teaching certificate and would not be able to have sat the course if I did't do all my training. Is'nt this enough proof, how much more do they need!!!! I'm bloody damm good at my job and even owned my own salon for 7 years this is so fustrating HELP anybody

Guest owenker4

Hiya,

This is the hardest and most frustrating part of the whole process, because this is the stage that stops you taking the process any further. My OH has worked at BT for 11 years he had to submit every single certificate he has had since working there. All in all the skills assessment was 26 pages long detailing every daily task, tool, activity, course, outcome etc etc. As much as it is a pain it is also worth investing your time at this stage.

Good luck

p.s. Don't forget 'they' received thousands of apps so as much as you are good at your job 'they' dont know that until you tell them !

Guest shellymc

Hi

I have already described each job in detail, tasks, job role etc which is also about 20 pages long but to go back 23 years, its really hard to find all the previous employers especially the ones who have passed away. There must be another way around it. Got a friend who I used to work with to write me a letter to say that we worked together in my 4 th year of my training so hope that is enough evidence.

shelly

Guest shella_n

we had a similar situation with hubbys first job and we got a friend from the companyt to write a letter saying he worked there and when and what his job title was - and we passed! good luck

TRA is a bloddy nightmare - took us a year to put it all together and id say it was anything up to 100 pages in total- worth it though - was approved in about 3 weeks with no questions asked.