New to all this - Help Please ?

Guest vicky_1970

Guest vicky_1970

Hello

I am just about to embark on the journey of applying for an australian visa. I have downloaded the VETASSESS Skills assessment apllication and I am concerned about getting the evidence from my employers.

The work experience for my assessment is 14 years working for 2 different police forces. They tend to only give basic references which include yes I worked for them, dates, job title, grade, salary etc but they don't tend to give any more information than that.

Has anyone had a similar experience and if so how did you overcome it ? I am happy to provide them with a detailed letter explaining what is required and why so they don't have to do much leg work !!

Any thoughts please ?

Thankyou

Guest shellymc

Hi

I'm just ready to submit mine and I have had to go back 23 years, what a nightmare!! my first employer has passed away and they require evidence that I worked there so I would gather as much detailed evidence as you can and dating as far back as you can. Good luck,I'm actually using an agent its less stressful .

Guest The Dimmocks

My hubby had a few companies he could not get in touch with as they had closed down. He filled out a Statutory Declaration which we just typed what he did at company, how long worked there what experience he gained etc etc. The Stat Dec had to be signed by hubby and witnessed by a solicitor. We used an agent so used a template they gave us, sure there would be one on vetassess website though for use by people.

Found this http://www.vetassess.com.au/download/qualification_assessment/SRG1%20Explanatory%20Notes.pdf#page=6

See page 6, appendix C

Guest shellymc

Hi

Thanx for that. R u enjoying the life down under and do the kids like it, ive got two kids aged 6 and 8. My head is all over the place thinking r we doing the right thing!!! Is it nice where u live, was thinking around that area but early days yet and haven't got a clue about other area where not to live. Thanx again for the info and enjoy

Shelly 39

Crichton 39

Dan 8 and Ella 6

Guest The Dimmocks
Hi

Thanx for that. R u enjoying the life down under and do the kids like it, ive got two kids aged 6 and 8. My head is all over the place thinking r we doing the right thing!!! Is it nice where u live, was thinking around that area but early days yet and haven't got a clue about other area where not to live. Thanx again for the info and enjoy

Shelly 39

Crichton 39

Dan 8 and Ella 6

Sent you a pm