we have our visa

Guest phil

hi all

we have our visa's and we are waiting to sell our house .

can anyone suggest any nice place's south of Adelaide .

my wife is a nurse so for her work shouldn't be that hard to find , but for me as i have been making furniture most of my working life with metal and wood i don't have qualifications in either what sort of jobs are out there for me .

any response will be helpful

Phil

Firstly, congratulations on getting your visas! Secondly, I doubt you'll find anyone on here who'll give you an opinion on "nice" places to live I'm afraid, it always ends in a row as it's far too subjective! If I were you, google yourself a map of Adelaide and get looking at real estate websites such as www.realestate.com.au and www.domain.com.au. This should give you an idea of where places are and the sort of prices you can expect to pay for property in that area. For what it's worth though, we found that the places we most liked the look of before we came looked completely different once we got here. We'd never considered the area that we now live in, but liked it as soon as we drove round it. Am sure someone will give you advice on the job front as well. Happy househunting!:)

Hi Phil welcome to PIA.

Well done on the visa. What visa are you going out on? Your wife could secure a job before you go out there. That'll make life a bit easier and give you both peace of mind. In what field does she work?

i have been making furniture most of my working life with metal and wood i don't have qualifications in either what sort of jobs are out there for me .

Self employed furniture maker? :cool:

Pete

thank you for that Pete

our visa is a subclass 136 and my wife Stacey is a registered nurse, she has been working in the community for the past 4 years .

Phil, Stacey, Alex, Luke

our visa is a subclass 136

Thats great as you are independant so not tied to your job. You will also be able to get a permit to work for yourself.

We have applied for the new 175 which has replaced the 136 so hope soon to be in your shoes soon. Tracey is a paed nurse and she won't book a flight until she has a job to go to. If she doesn't like the job/hospital being indie/perm she will be free to seek employment elsewhere as will Stacey.

Pete