Hallett cove

Guest stu&nic

Guest stu&nic

HI ALL

HALLETT COVE IS IT A SAFE PLACE TO LIVE FOR A FAMILY OR IS THERE BETTER WE WILL BE WORKING IN ADELAIDE IT SELF JUST WANT TO BE SECURE AND SAFE THANKYOU:chatterbox:

Guest Guest75

Hiya :D

Lots of nice and safe places to live here in Adelaide, please don't limit yourself to one suburb until you arrive here.

You could look even further south as well.

But then there is the north which has some lovely suburbs.

Heck ,then there is the east and north east - all with lovely and safe suburbs!!

Seriously - it does pay to have a really good look around :cute:

BTW - switch your caps key off - you are shouting !!!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Jo&Phil

Adelaide is a very safe city to live and work in ..........you don't say where you're from in the UK so difficult to make a comparison.

Obviously there are situations/times when it's important to look after yourself ... but I've never felt unsafe here

This can be a tricky question to answer because you don't want to offend people in various areas. I've lived in Mitcham, Parkside, Hallett Cove and Goodwood and they all have issues in varying degrees. Some of it is being aware of what you can and can't do and that comes from living here too. There is a website which is run by the SA Govt - Attorney General Department which keeps these kind of statistics - I've looked at it before but for some reason today my system won't link to it.....but give it a go OCSAR - Maps

Guest cornish Busdriver

As Tyke said dont limit your self to one area.

Everywhere has great safe places and just like the UK has dodgy area's as well.

Some area's like mansfield park were very dodgy but under a rejuvination and looks like it gonna be a nice area now and even renamed gateshead rd to Medika.

I guess you just gotta wait, have a look around and decided for yourself.

Guest Tterrier81
Is it true they call it little Britain?

i never heard it being called that before, there are a lot of uk migrants living in the southern area but its not like its a mini england

Guest stu&nic

Thankyou for yor reply we are just after a safe family friendy place to live

i keep reading bad articals like robbery and stabbing also vilant behavier is this true?

Also not to go out alone at night or visit park alone even in the day, it is scary to read but does not put us off

Guest guest3462

wow what are you Reading??? We live in the southern suburbs in Aldinga beach and I personally find the area much safer than Wakefield where we lived in the uk. I take our kids to the park or beach on my own every day and have never felt intimidated or unsafe. Mind you Aldinga does have it's fair share of "feral" folks!!! It's like everywhere really, not everyone is a saint here and there are plenty of police sirensgoing off but I've never seen any bother, oh and it's not too much of a worry if u go out and forget to shut the door, you can come home and all your stuff will still be there lol!!!

Guest Mitchell
Thankyou for yor reply we are just after a safe family friendy place to live

i keep reading bad articals like robbery and stabbing also vilant behavier is this true?

Also not to go out alone at night or visit park alone even in the day, it is scary to read but does not put us off

Flipping eck! I agree with the churches. What are you reading?! I currently live near Elizabeth where there has been some violent crime recently in the news but I feel perfectly safe day or night on my own. I've noticed that there's little enough crime here that they report stuff that happens in other states too on the news. I was thinking the other night that there can't be that much happening if they're reporting road deaths due to hooning in nsw. Back in the UK mum would tell me about a nasty crash that happened in Herts but it wouldn't make the national news like here. I'd stop reading whatever you've been looking at and relax. I feel much safer here.

Guest Janine3979

Most areas have safe, family friendly areas your best getting here and finding where is best in relation to your work, it makes things a lot more relaxed if you don't have to travel that far to work. Also it depends on your budget, we moved north of Adelaide to get more house for our money and are still only 15 mins from my husbands work in Elizabeth.

Just have a look around when you get here, no-one can say you'll be happy in a specific area the best way to tell is have a walk around the area see how you feel.

I've never seen any violence etc and go to the park quite often with my children everyone is just so friendly we feel much safer than the UK.