Ideas needed to cheer my wonderful hubby up please!

Guest guest3462

Guest guest3462

Hi guys misery me here again!!!

I'm after some ideas to make a lovely evening for rich tonight. As if not getting anywhere with our pr application isn't enough to bear along with sucky old me getting more hormonal and ready to drop by the day, the poor chap would have today been celebrating becoming an anaesthetic consultant If we had returned to the uk last year. Instead we chose to try our chances here and they are making him redo all his training again so still has another 18 months of monotonus repeating of work ahead of him. He is understandably fed up and today has the task of teaching those who are supposed to be above him some of his already existing skills!!!

Please help me to try and make him feel better, we can't go out as we have small children at Kindy so can't do late nights in the week.

Thanks in anticipation

julia xxxx

Guest Lynda&Adam

Remind him that life can be repetative & a little stale at times, but he has a wife that loves & adores him & children that worship him, run him a bath maybe with candles & a glass of wine, then arrange a family picnic at the weekend.

Have been following you guys with your posts, you are an inspiration to me when I've felt low in what seemed a never ending visa journey, keep your chins up & keep battling on,Lynda xx

Arrange dinner (by arrange, I mean you could get a lovely ready meal like a posh pasta dish that will be delicious but not hard work for you). Text him at work and tell him he has an important dinner to go to tonight.

Get his clothes ready & laid out on the bed. I've done black tie before. Set the dining room up with candles / however you like it. Do easy tea for the children. In fact you could get them to do "welcome home daddy" cards for when he gets home. Sometimes I get them to do that and prep them to shout "Welcome to Wonderful Wednesday!" (or whatever day it is - fantastic friday, magnificent monday etc!) as they are eating their tea when he comes through the door. Fortunately I kept quiet about Terrible Tuesday yesterday. It didn't need shouting from the rooftops!

You could make him a voucher for something he'll really enjoy - afternoon by himself in a coffee shop before the baby is born, or something else he'll appreciate.

When they are in bed (get it all ready so that they can go to bed early / on time) both of you get dressed up and enjoy your meal Chez Church.

Guest guest3462

Thanks guys!! I love this forum for the fact that evryone is just so fab!!! You have really helped me out with your suggestions...... Nick I have a good idea of your secret suggestion but I don't want to spoil the day by ending it in labour!!! ( or is that just my mind in the gutter now I come to think of it!!)

I'm going to the vinyards for a bottle of his fave wine and I'm going to make his face dinner! The girls are just on with making daddy special pictures so it will be lovely.

Thanks again

julia xxxx

Guest Guest5035
Sounds pretty boring, but kids to bed early. Nice meal, decent bottle of red, tv OFF. And just try to wind down.

instead of winding down, how about the opposite:Randy-git:

stevo

You could make him a voucher for something he'll really enjoy - afternoon by himself in a coffee shop before the baby is born, or something else he'll appreciate.

An afternoon in the pub more like, it'll be his last chance for years to come.:biglaugh:

Stevo

Guest guest3462

Sally we had a lovely Evening thanks all relaxed and did his fave things! We bot feel much better now the day has passed and can look forward to our futures ( hopefully here in oz!!)

Trevor, in my condition I think ann summers would be a disaster!! Don't want to bring on an early labour and non of the skimpy outfits would go close to fitting my huge bumpy frame lol!! Will keep it in mind for our anniversary tho lol;-)