Money, money, money!

Guest Clarebear

Guest Clarebear

Have just had a call from our migration agent (who is beginning to annoy me) and he has just informed us that we will need about £20,000 in the bank when we apply for State Sponsorship. Can anyone shed any light on this? We would have the cash if/when we sell the house but not until then.

Having a negative day and it just keeps getting worse :sad:

Thanks for any help, Clare x

Guest Guest6899
Have just had a call from our migration agent (who is beginning to annoy me) and he has just informed us that we will need about £20,000 in the bank when we apply for State Sponsorship. Can anyone shed any light on this? We would have the cash if/when we sell the house but not until then.

Having a negative day and it just keeps getting worse :sad:

Thanks for any help, Clare x

Hi, we have applied for SS and dont have £20,000 in the bank who does!!!" It states on the website " Applicants must ensure that you have sufficient funds for settling and living expenses when they arrive in South Australia. Applicants should not dispose of any assets before the visa is granted and theses funds must be available on arrival to South Australia. The requirement depends on whether you are applying offshore or onshore"

This does not state that you need the money in the bank now???

Lisa

Guest guest7008

hi, we are also applying for SS, we were told we needed £15,000 in savings now, not our assets (which is house/cars/stocks/shares etc) assets are what we declare we have once we have visas and sold up etc, but we were told we needed to have cash savings of around £15,000 to show that we actually have money now.... different threads show different answers but only saying what we have been advised...also need to prove some of our assets at some stage, some people didn't have to prove anything whereas some other people had to send bank statements, wage slips, mortgage doc, house deeds...just depends I think as to who gets your application as to what they want!! So confusing and stressful to say the least!!

Guest Clarebear

Thanks for all the replies guys, we have plenty of equity in the house so I will try not to sweat it!

But of course we have to sell the house first!!!!!!

Thanks again x

Guest Cara&Gav

Hi,

Some states require proof of funds such as Queensland and Canberra. However, SA doesn't so don't worry! We have used Go Matilda agents for our state sponsorship and they advised we did not need to provide it, you just need to let them know how much you will have on the forms. I don't know if you go on the sister site www.pomsinoz.com but Go Matilda are very respected on there as the MD Alan Collett posts on there a lot and everyone seems to have had a great experience with them.

Hope that helps

Cara x

Guest guest7049
Hi,

Some states require proof of funds such as Queensland and Canberra. However, SA doesn't so don't worry! We have used Go Matilda agents for our state sponsorship and they advised we did not need to provide it, you just need to let them know how much you will have on the forms. I don't know if you go on the sister site www.pomsinoz.com but Go Matilda are very respected on there as the MD Alan Collett posts on there a lot and everyone seems to have had a great experience with them.

Hope that helps

Cara x

I was under the impression SA were one of the states that require to see liquid funds in the bank of $20000 then further funds available in assets depending upon the number of dependents.

Guest Cara&Gav
I was under the impression SA were one of the states that require to see liquid funds in the bank of $20000 then further funds available in assets depending upon the number of dependents.

No, Canberra does as we thought of going there until they told us that but SA doesnt require any proof of funds. We wouldnt have applied otherwise as we do not have the money yet but will do when the time comes.

Guest Cara&Gav

This is the full section on the SA government website regarding finances:

Financial Capacity

Applicants must ensure that you have sufficient funds for settling and living expenses when they arrive in South Australia. Applicants should not dispose of any assets before the visa is granted and theses funds must be available on arrival to South Australia. The requirement depends on whether you are applying offshore or onshore:

Offshore applicants (176 and 475 sponsorship)

Family compositionTotal fundsCash or

savings componentMain applicant onlyAUD$ 25,000AUD$ 20,000Main applicant plus one (1) dependentAUD$ 30,000AUD$ 20,000Main applicant plus two (2) dependentsAUD$ 35,000AUD$ 20,000Main applicant plus three (3) dependentsAUD$ 40,000AUD$ 20,000

Onshore applicants (886 and 487 sponsorship)

savings componentMain applicant onlyAUD$ 10,000AUD$ 5,000Main applicant plus one (1) dependentAUD$ 15,000AUD$ 5,000Main applicant plus two (2) dependentsAUD$ 20,000AUD$ 5,000Main applicant plus three (3) dependentsAUD$ 25,000AUD$ 5,000

If you are a recent international student you may claim financial support from your parents but will need to complete the Financial Support Pro Forma.

If sufficient assets are in the principal applicants/partner’s name, only complete the relevant section in the online application form.

There is no mention here or on the application form of having to prove funds.

Guest Guest6899

I was advised that you used to have show funds for SA but people would have all the money at the start and could prove it. But when they came to move they hadnt got the money so it was changed to prove that you have to have $40,000 for a family of four $20,000 of which has to be available in cash when you arrive in SA. Im with Go Matilda too but didnt use them for my SS.

Lisa

Guest Clarebear
This is the full section on the SA government website regarding finances:

Financial Capacity

Applicants must ensure that you have sufficient funds for settling and living expenses when they arrive in South Australia. Applicants should not dispose of any assets before the visa is granted and theses funds must be available on arrival to South Australia. The requirement depends on whether you are applying offshore or onshore:

Offshore applicants (176 and 475 sponsorship)

savings componentMain applicant onlyAUD$ 25,000AUD$ 20,000Main applicant plus one (1) dependentAUD$ 30,000AUD$ 20,000Main applicant plus two (2) dependentsAUD$ 35,000AUD$ 20,000Main applicant plus three (3) dependentsAUD$ 40,000AUD$ 20,000

Onshore applicants (886 and 487 sponsorship)

savings componentMain applicant onlyAUD$ 10,000AUD$ 5,000Main applicant plus one (1) dependentAUD$ 15,000AUD$ 5,000Main applicant plus two (2) dependentsAUD$ 20,000AUD$ 5,000Main applicant plus three (3) dependentsAUD$ 25,000AUD$ 5,000

If you are a recent international student you may claim financial support from your parents but will need to complete the Financial Support Pro Forma.

If sufficient assets are in the principal applicants/partner’s name, only complete the relevant section in the online application form.

There is no mention here or on the application form of having to prove funds.

So I read that as an advisary rather than essentail.

It's all so confusing, using Mick Breen who was ok at first but is getting a bit pushy!

I'm sure he's ok, I just don't like his 'way'!

Cheers x

I've just come of the telephone with 'go matilda' and no SA do not ask for proof of funds, which is a huge weight of my mind especially with the new points system in the pipeline !

Guest shellymc

HI

I'm using Go Matilda, they said the same thing to me, I was really worried because all our money is tied up in the house. They are a brilliant company and would highly recommend them.

well i know we wont have half the money of what we would like, had the house valued and its not going to leave us with much will be lucky to have $20,000.but going out there with attitude that we are both going to have to work.i currently drive lgv's going to have to do retest in aus to get licence back and will take any job i can get if thats what i have to do to give my family the life i want them to have. My o/h is a hairdresser so between us we will be ok got to be optomistic.

Guest guest7049
well i know we wont have half the money of what we would like, had the house valued and its not going to leave us with much will be lucky to have $20,000.but going out there with attitude that we are both going to have to work.i currently drive lgv's going to have to do retest in aus to get licence back and will take any job i can get if thats what i have to do to give my family the life i want them to have. My o/h is a hairdresser so between us we will be ok got to be optomistic.

Positive attitude mate go for it!

Hi Lisa,

Can you advise me please. I can see you've done the IELTS, passed skills assessment with ANMC and applied for SA sponsorship, but have you applied for your visa's yet. I too am a nurse and about to start the whole process, but i'm not sure if I should apply for our visa first or to ANMC for skills assessment, or AHPRA for nurse registration or SA for sponsorship. Any advice would be gratefully received. Many thanks Bev

Guest Guest6899
Hi Lisa' date='

Can you advise me please. I can see you've done the IELTS, passed skills assessment with ANMC and applied for SA sponsorship, but have you applied for your visa's yet. I too am a nurse and about to start the whole process, but i'm not sure if I should apply for our visa first or to ANMC for skills assessment, or AHPRA for nurse registration or SA for sponsorship. Any advice would be gratefully received. Many thanks Bev[/quote']

Hello Bev, before you can apply for state sponsorship you have to have your skills assessed by the ANMC and your ielts in place as you have to send copies of these with your application. Once you have state sponsorship (SS) you can then apply for your visa, our agent has started the pr visa but can't submit until we have confirmation of ss. Iv got everything ready to send to AHPRA to register but not going to send until i have confirmation of SS. I was going to wait longer to apply to aphra but from what iv heard they are taking months & months so going to get in early now even if that means wasting my registration.

1st skills assessment (ielts + anmc)

2nd state sponsorship

3rd main visa

We are going for a 176 pr visa you may want a different one which may require different things, so it maybe worth you getting professional advice from a migration expert on your situation.

hope this helps Lisa

Thanks Lisa, that's really helpful - will start it today. I'm off work at the moment - slipped on ice going to work in hospital!! #tib/fib!! So i've got plenty of time to get on with it. I was going to attempt to apply for everything myself following advice from other PIA's. We always had in mind to apply for 176 visas to get the security from the start, but being in our mid 40's and with the visa's taking so long I am concerned. We too have a soon to be 11 yr old boy, which area are you considering to live? We went out this time last year and loved it. Thanks again. Bev

Guest Guest6899
Thanks Lisa' date=' that's really helpful - will start it today. I'm off work at the moment - slipped on ice going to work in hospital!! #tib/fib!! So i've got plenty of time to get on with it. I was going to attempt to apply for everything myself following advice from other PIA's. We always had in mind to apply for 176 visas to get the security from the start, but being in our mid 40's and with the visa's taking so long I am concerned. We too have a soon to be 11 yr old boy, which area are you considering to live? We went out this time last year and loved it. Thanks again. Bev[/quote']

Hi Bev, with hindsight we could have done the skills assess ourselves but had already paid agent to do as pretty straight forward & SS was very easy too. Main visa, looked into it and didnt want to do that one but as you say there are loads who have and who can advise. We have never been to SA, wanted Perth visited WA and loved it but due to changes when the SMP came out we could no longer apply. Could have probally done employered sponsored with WA but need security with a family!! Hubby likes Hallett Cove, i liked Copper Cove and Aldinga beach. Where did you visit.. you could probally advise us on areas.

Bugger about the #!! bet your off for a while, ppl will do anything to get out of work :biglaugh: where theres blame theres a claim!!

Lisa x