175 lodged oct 09,WA ss granted june 10,cat 4 july 10,SA ss lodged 14/01/11 ,docs rec 28/01/11, ss granted 22/03/11, CO 18/04/11 ,meds 28/04/11,pc 04/05/11,VISA GRANTED 10/05/11Arived Adelaide 12/01/12
| || |
Thanks for the advice guys, I will speak to our agent tomorrow and ask her about front loading. I also think it might be a good idea to abstain til the meds are done, I'd hate to mess things up after coming this far!
What do you guys think if we were due around the time we needed to validate? Would they give you an extension? I know its unlikely but I think we should find out the ins and outs just so we can 'relax' like you say and not need to worry about things. I think I'm going to have to put all these questions to the agent!
And yeah! The beach party sounds brill, I'm there!
"The department does not recommend tat a pregant visa applicant undergoes a chest x-ray. This is because there is a risk that the x-ray could harm the unborn child. It is recommended that a pregnant visa applicant defers her chest x-ray and therefore the decision on her visa applocation, until after the child's birth. A pregnant visa applicant should firstly contact the department to discuss her options, inlcuding the possible deferral of her visa application.
If you are prepared to undergo a chest x-ray while pregnant - If a pregant visa applicant is prepared to undergo a chest z-ray, it is recommended that she consults with her doctor before arranging her appointment for a chest x-ray amd tjat special precautions are take (eg using a protective lead shield and waiting until at least the second trimester). A pregnant visa applicant must sign the declaration on page 4 befire undergoing a chest x-ray."
Thats' basically all the info re pregnancy and x-rays - hope that helps?
I emailed my agent today, asking how the visa application was coming along (we sent the completed document 2 weeks ago) she advised that SA are running slightly behind their 8 week timescale..... am not too sure if I believe it, as most people have a decision on or before the 8 weeks.
Roll on next week, I just want to know..... x
Thanks so much for finding out that info Sarah, that's great. I didn't even notice the typo's as I was reading it through quickly! We are putting it off until we get the meds done, but I'm going to ask our agent tomorrow if it would be OK to front load them. I have read on PIO that they are encouraging front loading http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migrat...pplicants.html
Thanks so much for your help and advice.