I've just read the following update on SA site (it might be useful for those, who are planning to apply for SS):
8 April 2011 - Important update about your sponsorship application
Sponsorship Applications under current Points Test -
submit by 5pm on 2 May 2011.
- to allow enough time for visa applications to be lodged with DIAC under the current Points Test, all completed applications should be received by Immigration SA before 5pm (Adelaide local time) on Monday 2 May 2011.
- this means that your online sponsorship application and supporting documents should be submitted to and registered by Immigration SA before 5pm (Adelaide local time) on Monday 2 May 2011.
- please be aware that the Online Application System will be closed at 5pm (Adelaide local time) on Monday 2 May 2011. If your application is received after that time, it will not be processed.
- Immigration SA will endeavour to finalise applications received by the May deadline before 1 July 2011, to enable you to lodge your visa application with DIAC under the current Points Test. Please check the Online Client Tracking System for results, which will be available as soon as a decision is made on your application.
- all applications will be processed in order of receipt of complete documentation. Please be aware that due to the anticipated volume of applications, Immigration SA cannot guarantee that all applications will be finalised before 1 July 2011.
- you should also be aware that there are Planning Levels for all occupations on the current State Sponsored Migration List. Once the Planning Level for a specific occupation has been reached, that occupation will no longer be available for sponsorship. This means that applications already submitted for that occupation will not proceed
- to be considered under the current Points Test, you need to lodge your visa application with DIAC before 1 July 2011; otherwise your visa application will be assessed against the new Points Test and criteria.
- once details of South Australia’s Sponsorship criteria for 2011-2012 have been finalised, the Online Application System will be reopened.