Priority Group 4!

Guest alex27

Hi again,

we applied for a 175 visa almost 2 years ago. I am a primary school teacher, and at this time, this was on the SOL list. My skill has been taken off the list since then. This means that they will still look at my application, but only AFTER they have looked at every single other one! Plus they get new applications everyday! Is anyone else in a similar situation or have any idea about processing times for Cat4? It sort of sounds like it could be like 5 years or maybe even never to me...

Our only other hope is to get SS from SA (where we would love to live!) as they have primary teacher on their list.

Just wondering if our dream will ever actually happen!!

Guest storey2010

Hi Alex god two years you must be really fed up!!!! Rather than waiting I think it would be worth you contacting an employment agency and try to get employer sponsorship, this would be a 457 long stay buisiness visa and could lead to permanant residency. I have just got this visa and the whole process took 3 months. good luck hope this is of use!!!!

or is it possible to get permanement sponsorhip from a school - just a thought

Sad to say you have more chance of walking on the moon than getting sponsership. There are a lot of unemployed primary teachers out there!!!:arghh:

Sad to say you have more chance of walking on the moon than getting sponsership. There are a lot of unemployed primary teachers out there!!!:arghh:

What about someone prepared to go to a really rural school? Whyalla/Bordertown type of rural I mean, rather than the Adelaide Hills!

If it makes a difference, it might be worth considering that for a year or two to get over here....

What about someone prepared to go to a really rural school? Whyalla/Bordertown type of rural I mean, rather than the Adelaide Hills!

If it makes a difference, it might be worth considering that for a year or two to get over here....

Only if it were a private school.

I know quite a few newly qualifed ozzie teachers who are prepared to go anywhere in the state..they are working second jobs. One poor young girl has been qualified for 2 years...most she has ever got is a 2 week contract. She is now retraining. Very sad.

hi again,

thanks for your replies. yes, i think i would be very lucky to find employer sponsorship as a primary teacher-there are just too many of us out there. will have to wait and see what happens with SA SS. but i think what will be, will be, and if it doesn't happen we can always leave the uk and go back to canada and live in vancouver...not quite australia, but maybe the next best thing

Guest kangomik

A lot of teachers are on contract for the first 5 years and only find out if they have a job for the next 11 months late in Jan (term starts end of jan)

So i would imagine you would need a few hens teeth to gain sponsorship.