Waiting for a case officer

Guest everhopeful

Guest everhopeful

Hello All

I pop in to the forum now and again to see how everyone is getting on. Congratulations to all of you who have recently gots your visas:) and my thoughts are with those that have decided against the move.

I have become a little despondant myself when I look at the timelines of others. I was wondering if there are any others out there that have applied for a 138 visa. We are not a priority case, husbands job not on the most jobs in demand list (only worth 50 points), as most others seem to be and we don't qualify for sponsorship from SA either. I have reletives in Elizabeth who are sponsoring us. Our visa was lodged in June 07 and we received a case reference number at the begining of September, but nothing since. It seems such a long time, I am in need of some encouragement.

Hope to hear from you or a case officer soon!

Joanna

Guest graandjac

:daydreaming:Good things come to those who wait , when you do get one be sure to be good to him:p, have you done your meds...? sometimes you might not even get a case officer....or be told about it just one day the BIG e-mail.

Cheers |Graham & Jacqui

Guest everhopeful

Hi All

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I know the worst is yet to come, selling the house! but it's the waiting and not knowing that does you in.

We have had the medicals, we used the same doctor as you (Graham and Jacqui) in Dover, only he didn't make a mistake over the charges with us five! The doc promised us they would be sent this weekend so they might be cleared by the end of February!

Police checks still to be sent off but doing that Monday.

Joanna

Guest stiffsimon

Can relate to what you're going through Joanna 'cause we're in the same position. Posted our 136 visa application on 29/08/07 JUST before the rule changes, got confirmation of receipt not too long afterwards and since then zilch,nada and nothing.

You start wondering if it's got lost or did it really arrive, has somebody stolen it or have aliens made off with it. Our agent assures us not to worry but we still do.

I comfort my self by visiting www.touradelaide.com and look at all the nice things on there but even so the not knowing is still doing my head in.

Simon & Janette

We're also in the same boat as our application for a 138 non MODL arrived on the 21st of August and we still have our money in our account. Our agent has said that she has receipts now for other applications arriving around the 16th and 17th of August so should be any day. Wonder if once all the August applications are receipted if those staff get allocated to do something else? I also wonder if to a certain extent they have held back on case officer allocation because the phasing out the AOS element on the 31st of December and it must be more work for them to have to do AOS? I know - I'm ever the optimist! I only hope they don't start refusing credit/debit cards because of the lost bank details scandal or worse more me THAT I SPEND TOO MUCH ON CHRISTMAS AND IT'S JUST NO THERE ANYMORE!

We'll all get there eventually. I hope!

Liz