Frustrated at slow pace

Guest ebstar

Hi,firstly im sorry if i go on a bit as i know i do.I am just getting so frustrated at how slow things are going. We started the visa process feb 09 and never seem to get any further forward.We had enough points for a 175 but OH had to do skills test etc which we had to wait months for.After all the changes then had to do ielts as we had lost points.We had found sponsorship in feb and thought things were moving forward but 10 months in the sponsor still says he wants us there asap but has done nothing.In the mean time OH had his 35th birthday so ss no longer available to speed things up.We were then offered another job at the end of oct and they said they were keen to get things moving quickly for a possible jan start.The written offer for this as far as we know is still in the HR department.Now two weeks ago we had another company wanting to speak to us about a likely offer of employment.they have been saying they will call in the next two days for two weeks.We have been getting up early and going to bed late so as to be with it and not half asleep when they they call for nothing.

We thought we would give our parents and brothers time for the news to sink in and told them about the move early on.(big mistake)We didn't want the kids to know to early as we knew the process takes time.Mum decided to tell anyone that would listen and we were approached at a wedding by mums friend saying "so your moving to Oz then".Needless to say we had to make a swift exit and tell the kids before someone else did.

Now because we had an employer sponsor and the move was likely to take place within 3 months we had to convey this to the children to prepare them for the move last march.Nearly a year on we seem to be no further forward. This limbo is driving us crazy and the stress is really showing on the kids.Our 13y old is moody,10y old is hardly sleeping and very tearful,our 8 year old is really stressing and extremly tearful.

I just wish we could get a straight answer from one of these employers.:arghh:

Sorry rant over

Guest Calstar

Hi ebstar,

Everyone needs a little rant every now and then!

Quick Q...you said in your original post that your husband has just celebrated his 35th birthday? Is that correct? If so, you still have another 10 years to get SS as the age is 45....

Just thought I'd ask, just in case

Hi Calstar,

We are so stressed and just feel incredibly guilty about the stress we are putting the children through. That being being said we know this move is the right one for our family.

Our agent told us that SS must be applied for and granted before your 35th birthday.I would be interested to know if this is right as SS could speed things up moving us to cat 2.

Which agent told you tha?

That is a load of nonsense. Tell that agent to go and look for another job.

My wife applied for SA SS last year September couple of weeks before she turned 40 in October.

We travelled to Dordogne, France for a week break in October and while we were there I checked our application online. I was shocked to find that our SS application was approved on her birthday jsut about six weeks after we submitted the application online.

We have now filed our 176 visa application since November and are now awaiting to hear from DIAC when a CO has been allocated to us.

My wife is Registered Nurse and I did all the application myself including her Nursing registration in Australia.

[Our agent told us that SS must be applied for and granted before your 35th birthday.I would be interested to know if this is right as SS could speed things up moving us to cat 2.

What??????? That's rubbish.

Only thing I can think of..is that at 35 you move into another points bracket with immigration and probably lose some points which may affect you 175 visa.

Thanks for the replies,just been looking on SA website and it seems we do have time to apply.Recieved a message from employer sponsor today so fingers crossed.All in all definately a better day.Thanks

Guest guest3462

Good for you!! It is such a stressful time you meet yourself oming back half the time!! Sometimes I really do think it's easier to do it yourself them you can only make yur own mistakes. It seems there are some real black sheep agencies ot there!! My hubby was 41 when we got our ss approved. I'm keeping everything crossed for you that something positive happens really soon x