Urgent help needed!

May I know if anyone of you are presently living at Adelaide city center or nearby and have a spare room for rent either short term (1 - 2 weeks) or even longer?

My husband (a singaporean) will be doing his postgraduate studies at the uni Adelaide this mid Feb 2011 and he has yet to secure a accomodation. Reason being there is a change in the plan where both myself and our son will only be joining him a few months later (as pending to submit migration application).

Would appreciate if anyone can help. Have tried advertised on gumtree, responsed to the adv but receive no reply.

cornish Busdriver
      Get a copy of saturday advertizer, theres always house shares ir rooms for rent in there
      Last edited by cornish Busdriver; 07-02-2011 at 08:49 PM.

What about the backpackers/YHA? Also there is the Country Women's Association guest house in Kent Town (edge of city) - it is run by the Country Women's Association hence its name and so isnt just for women. There are also various serviced apartments in the city which you can do for short lets - or what about a Motel? If it looks like he is going to need a place for more than one or two weeks check out realestate.com.au they have a share section as well as easy roommate. People may not be responding to your query from overseas cause there have been widely publicised stories about people being taken for a lot of money by confidence tricksters claiming to be coming to Australia and needing accommodation.