Medicals

jaynem

Does anybody know whether family history affects your visa application? I.e. if somebody in your family passed away early due to their unhealthy lifestyle yet you are fit and well yourself? I read on another post here that somebody had a daughter with dyspraxia and even tho she wasnt on their visa they were turned down?

Guest guest3462

Hiya we lived in Wakefield and went to York. It was easy to find and close to the York district hospital where you go for your chest xray. They also email yur results straight thru to diac. This was back In 2008 though.

HTH

jc x

Guest brianlynnette
Hi

can anyone advise me where to book a medical and expected cost.

I live in West Yorkshire and have heard that the nearest place I can attend for one is Manchester.

Thanks

Jayne:

Hi its lynnette here, my fianc'e went to the manchester clinic (we live in kirkby liverpool) he went 3 weeks ago and the medical was £120, chest xray £75, aids test £27, hep b £29 hep c £39 and the courier service to get the results back to yr case officer was for us £12 as ours was going to the australian embassy as we done our visa application ourselves and saved over £1,000. You have to hav hep b and c if you have tattoos, google australian embassy and go to panel docotrs surely there must be a nearer one than that, good luck :biglaugh:

Guest brianlynnette
Hi its lynnette here, my fianc'e went to the manchester clinic (we live in kirkby liverpool) he went 3 weeks ago and the medical was £120, chest xray £75, aids test £27, hep b £29 hep c £39 and the courier service to get the results back to yr case officer was for us £12 as ours was going to the australian embassy as we done our visa application ourselves and saved over £1,000. You have to hav hep b and c if you have tattoos, google australian embassy and go to panel docotrs surely there must be a nearer one than that, good luck :biglaugh:

Hi its lynnette again, forgot to say make sure you pay cash or by debit card cos if you pay by credit card you get charges, they did advise us of this over the phone tho :biglaugh:

Guest MutleyCrew

We have just made enquiries with the Birmingham office as we live in the Midlands and it is our closet one. They quoted us as an all in cost including X -ray, medical and bloods the following:

Adult = £275 each

Child (11yrs) = £195 (As needs X-ray) each

Child below 11 yrs = £70 each

From what I recall from other members I think that appears about right? If anyone knows if any of the other approved centres is doing it much cheaper then just before we actualy book ours we would apprciate knowing.

Approved Panel Doctors for the UK and Ireland can be found at:

United Kingdom – Panel Doctors