OMG What a Shocker!!!

Guest MutleyCrew

Guest MutleyCrew

Hi All,

Wow we just can't believe it!! After only ten months since submitting our visa and at one point thinking we weren't going to be processed for a very long time we received the long awaited call from our agent to say that we have just been allocated a case officer!!! Rock on Tommy!!

Everything now just seems to be a total blur again! We now have to get the Meds and Police checks done and we have been told we have 70 days in which to get back to the case officer and report on what we have done or arranged to be done. Additionally we have been told that we need to really renew our passports as we'll have less that a year when in theory we would have to fly out approx this time next year - latest! It just seems that there is so much to do and where do you start. Looking for schools for the lads, areas to stay, sell the house, consider flying the dog out! etc..etc...

Wow this is just manic but at the same time we're both ecstatic and sitting in disbelief to think that our long awaited dream is hopefully about to come true after jumping over this last hurdle!!

We have also noted that many others have also seen movement recently and we would just like to take this opportunity to wish everyone all the best with the final stages and we are sure were ALL having these mad panics!! Likewise, good luck to all those who are battling their way through the long and lengthy process!

Best regards,

Mark & Vicki :shocked::arghh::goofy:

Guest leemina

We too got CO today and heads are spinning with things that we have to do, think about. Short term rentals, areas to live, schools, jobs, money, possible months to go in, airlines etc etc etc.......... But we're sooooo excited and have meds booked for three weeks time. Enjoy the excitedment and good luck with the rest of the process.

Guest Angie12

Hi

Well done on your news, thats fantastic !! We've just found out today that we have a case officer too, i know exactly how you are feeling , i think this year is gonna go in a blar :jiggy:

We have loads to sort out with our house, its been an on going refurb project for the last 7 years , we are getting there and things are looking lovely but with this taking up our time the visas will be here in no time :shocked:

Well done again, keep me in formed on your progress.

Angie xx

Guest guest3462

Congratulations!!! We're still waiting but Im sure not long for us now!! Everytime I read one d hear positive posts it's gives me a teeny tiny glimmer that it'll be us next!! Good luck with everything!

JC x

Guest The Broadheads
Congratulations!!! We're still waiting but Im sure not long for us now!! Everytime I read one d hear positive posts it's gives me a teeny tiny glimmer that it'll be us next!! Good luck with everything!

JC x

I thought you guys were in Oz already??? I can't keep up with everyone!!! :goofy:x

Guest guest3462
I thought you guys were in Oz already??? I can't keep up with everyone!!! :goofy:x

We are!! We are on a temp 457 visa and have been in Adelaide for 2 years, so although we are actually playing the waiting game whilst already in Aus, it makes it no less certain of getting PR or less frustrating than everyone else!! We will have to leave the country to get our visa as it is an offshore one, that is everything crossed that we do eventually get a case officer!!! lol!

Guest MutleyCrew

Hi and thanks to everyone who has responded and we wish all of you that have also had a case officer assigned all the best for the final furlong! It's such great news isn't it!! Not stopped grinning since it has sunk in!!

churchj1 - I'm sure you'll hear soon as they seem, all of a sudden, to be handing out case officers like you give candy to kids!!! Keep hanging on in there you'll hear soon!

Good luck to all and thanks again for you comments. :jiggy:

Congratulations to all so far, who've had CO's. We to have had ours confirmed today, so echo the thoughts of all previous posters, as in "Woo-hoo", mixed with an overwhelming feeling of having so much to do! Not that I'm complaining, as feel so priviledged to have got this far!

Really hope, all others waiting will be celebrating soon too, (especially Church, as I've loved reading your posts!) x

Hi All,

Wow we just can't believe it!! After only ten months since submitting our visa and at one point thinking we weren't going to be processed for a very long time we received the long awaited call from our agent to say that we have just been allocated a case officer!!! Rock on Tommy!!

Everything now just seems to be a total blur again! We now have to get the Meds and Police checks done and we have been told we have 70 days in which to get back to the case officer and report on what we have done or arranged to be done. Additionally we have been told that we need to really renew our passports as we'll have less that a year when in theory we would have to fly out approx this time next year - latest! It just seems that there is so much to do and where do you start. Looking for schools for the lads, areas to stay, sell the house, consider flying the dog out! etc..etc...

Wow this is just manic but at the same time we're both ecstatic and sitting in disbelief to think that our long awaited dream is hopefully about to come true after jumping over this last hurdle!!

We have also noted that many others have also seen movement recently and we would just like to take this opportunity to wish everyone all the best with the final stages and we are sure were ALL having these mad panics!! Likewise, good luck to all those who are battling their way through the long and lengthy process!

Best regards,

Mark & Vicki :shocked::arghh::goofy:

Congratulations!! The start of an adventure :D

It now seems such a long time since we were at that stage. As you can see from our timeline below it just went by in a blur for us with manic stages and panics then a week of relative calm then it started again. We had to renew all the kids passports just before the visas came through otherwise their passports would have expired whilst we were here. A complication we wanted to avoid.

If there is anything we can help with just get in touch.

Laurie

thanks everyone, but im sat here reading all your good news in tears. I really have a feeling thats its not good news for us. I don't wanna go back.......

Try and think logically Julia (easier said than done I know)

DIAC isn't going to kick a nurse and doctor out of the country. Ain't gonna happen.

You have had a disgusting time at the hands of DIAC.....your application will be sitting on someones desk in a mountain of other paperwork.

Your time WILL come.

Just soo frustrating.

Personally I don't think looking at this website helps...as pleased as you are for everyone else... it will just wind you up..and that can't be good for you in your condition

xx

Guest The Broadheads
We are!! We are on a temp 457 visa and have been in Adelaide for 2 years, so although we are actually playing the waiting game whilst already in Aus, it makes it no less certain of getting PR or less frustrating than everyone else!! We will have to leave the country to get our visa as it is an offshore one, that is everything crossed that we do eventually get a case officer!!! lol!

AHHHHHHH I see now!! It must be dreadful not knowing for sure what's happening :sad: what an ordeal!!!! I remember reading some of your posts before we came and seem to recall that you were having to go back to do some extra training, is that right? I remember feeling sick reding how happy you were and thinking how rediculous the system here must be.

OHHHH I see you have some good news!! :D Like I said, I can't keep up!!! :biglaugh:

Really pleased for you all, best of luck, the last thing you need is any more stress.

Lots of luck with the baby too, not long now :)

Nic x

Guest guest3462

Guys they have finally gotten sick of me bugging them and given us a case officer!!!! Now I can't stop crying cos of that!!!!!!

Thankyou all soooo much for your support you are all great! :)