Agent??

Guest pixie7

Hi

Im new to this site so hello all!

Just wondered if you wise peoople had any advice.

I'm a Primary School Teacher and we are about to start my skills assessment and I'm booking my IELTS. (I think the general one is ok- right?)

We're undecided whether to use an agent or not- any advice?

I'm thinking of doing skills assessment and SS form on our own but not sure about visa? I think our case is fairly straight forwards (no kids/convictions/medical issues) we are de facto though...

Anyone got any experiences good or bad to share??

Anyone else in the same postition as us?

Thanks

For many, I'd say the skills assessment is the trickiest part, so if you do that bit unaided and your circumstances aren't complicated (and they don't seem to be) then there's no reason not to do the whole thing yourself.

We didn't use an agent, partly because it all seemed straightforward enough (it was) and partly because we spoke initially to three agents and got conflicting advice that didn't fill us with confidence.

All the info you need to complete an application is available online and there are a lot of people who've been through the process to ask, so why not go for it?

Of course some people find the reassurance of using an agent to be money well spent, or their cases are problematic and require expert help; for us, though, it was an expense we felt we didn't need.

Good luck

Jim

Thanks Jim,

Yeah for me the skills assessment doesnt look too hard- references and transcripts of my courses and id documents- I thought I'd have to chance all that up anyway so why pay an agent!?

I think if that all goes well I'll do the visa app alone- not sure I can justify the cash- I think i'm going to be controlling and obsessed anyway so would probably drive an agent mad- hee hee!

Good to hear you have gone it alone and all is well!! U in Adelaide?

Thanks

Hi

Im new to this site so hello all!

Just wondered if you wise peoople had any advice.

I'm a Primary School Teacher and we are about to start my skills assessment and I'm booking my IELTS. (I think the general one is ok- right?)

We're undecided whether to use an agent or not- any advice?

I'm thinking of doing skills assessment and SS form on our own but not sure about visa? I think our case is fairly straight forwards (no kids/convictions/medical issues) we are de facto though...

Anyone got any experiences good or bad to share??

Anyone else in the same postition as us?

Thanks

Hi Pixie7

We were in the same position as you, we where very undecided as to whether to use an agent or not, its like the previous comments on here, if your details are straight forward enough then go for it!

We are the same, we don't have children, no medical issues (apart from losing my head with all this from time to time lol) etc so we went for it.

We were so happy when we got the skills assessment back as positive, we felt really proud, silly...but we are so glad we didn't pay an agent to do it!

I can understand why people do use agents though, i have a friend who emigrated a few years ago and they would not have done it without one! It all depends on your circumstances!

Trust me....you will be obsessed with it all!! lol.

Have a great weekend

Nat :)

Hello!

We didn't use an agent and haven't found it too hard so far, and we have got to point of medicals and police checks for our c.o. There is loads of info out there, and apart from double and triple checking applications, the biggest pain was getting some of the documents which I figure I would have had to do for the agent anyway?

Gill x

Thanks Jim,

Yeah for me the skills assessment doesnt look too hard- references and transcripts of my courses and id documents- I thought I'd have to chance all that up anyway so why pay an agent!?

I think if that all goes well I'll do the visa app alone- not sure I can justify the cash- I think i'm going to be controlling and obsessed anyway so would probably drive an agent mad- hee hee!

Good to hear you have gone it alone and all is well!! U in Adelaide?

Thanks

Yes, we've been here just over three years now.

From what you've described, I can see no reason why you'd use an agent - ask away on here and it should be a simple enough process (provided there are no rule changes along the way!)

Jim