Got case officer and then

Guest foxesonthemove

Guest foxesonthemove

Mad couple of days! Got our case officer on Tuesday, medicals booked on Weds for end of Feb, received e-mail today from our agent saying that having spoken to our case officer they are going to suspend our application until after the birth of our baby (due in Sept) and to hold fire with all medicals/police checks.

So for now we have to sit back and wait (again!). One thing no-one can be sure of is whether processing priorities will change in the meantime.

Agent and case officer been really supportive, we just have to believe that we will get there one day.......

Guest guest3462

Oh my gosh!!! Why is that??? You must be going through the mill, I know my nerves have been on edge and I can totally emathise with you. Can you contact diac and get them to change their minds? I had my chest xray at 21 weeks and all was fine. I hope you are ok, thinking of you! (my baby should be here today!!

Best regards JC x

Guest foxesonthemove

Thanks Julia. Trying to keep a positive spin on it. This way I suppose we can concentrate on the baby and spend more time with family. But come Sept we will be all systems go.

It's almost within touching distance now!

All the best for you and the baby.

Alex

Guest Cara&Gav
Thanks Julia. Trying to keep a positive spin on it. This way I suppose we can concentrate on the baby and spend more time with family. But come Sept we will be all systems go.

It's almost within touching distance now!

All the best for you and the baby.

Alex

Hiya,

Sorry to hear that, what a pain! Did they give you a reason why? And also as the application is in does it mean the visa will definitely be processed at some point? The reason I ask is because we are trying for a baby.

Cara x

Guest foxesonthemove

Hi Cara

As I understand it as soon as September comes we can pick up where we left off. Our agent has said we are in the queue so I believe we will be back in the game as soon as we can be.

Hopefully as we do have a case officer we will be processed fairly quickly, just keeping our fingers crossed that processing priotities don't change by then as we might slipback down the queue but not giving up on our dream!

The reason behind it is that we were going to have our medicals now but the department would defer the decision on our application until September which is why we booked the medicals but then becasue they are only valid for a year to hold fire on everything. I think it depends from officer to officer as our agent had a v. lenghty chat with ours aboout it!

I'm sure everything will work out for the best (trying to convince myself!)

Good luck with everything.

Alex

Guest Cara&Gav
Hi Cara

As I understand it as soon as September comes we can pick up where we left off. Our agent has said we are in the queue so I believe we will be back in the game as soon as we can be.

Hopefully as we do have a case officer we will be processed fairly quickly, just keeping our fingers crossed that processing priotities don't change by then as we might slipback down the queue but not giving up on our dream!

The reason behind it is that we were going to have our medicals now but the department would defer the decision on our application until September which is why we booked the medicals but then becasue they are only valid for a year to hold fire on everything. I think it depends from officer to officer as our agent had a v. lenghty chat with ours aboout it!

I'm sure everything will work out for the best (trying to convince myself!)

Good luck with everything.

Alex

Hiya,

Thanks for your reply.

I still dont really understand why the government would defer the application because you are pregnant. Would it had been different if you'd front loaded the medicals and police checks.

But you are right, it will still all work out in the end and I guess it gives you longer to validate the visa and get yourselves ready to go.

Good Luck, I'm sure they wont change priorites before then as I rekon they'll still be processing applications. I know people who are still only doing their AQF qualifications and TRA assessments so they are a long way off applying for their visa's.

Cara x