funds required

Guest pixie7

Hi

I'm just in the process of researching what we will need when we apply for SS.

I've checked the website and on docs checklist theres nothing about proving funds-but not sure if you have to complete something on the online form. im a little worried about the amount we need :shocked:- do you have to prove it? If so how?:err:

Guest andy1865

Yes we had to do the same, i'm sure it was a total of $35000 but don't panic too much, you will need to have house valued and need $10000 in savings, you can use your car, caravan, anything of value really, you need to get a bank statement showing savings, mortgage value paper, any pics of caravan or equivalent paper to prove, log book and price of car even if it's finance, you can however borrow money if you have no savings or use visa card to pay into savings and get a statement then pay it back. They seem to want all the proof but there is no paper trail, ours was late last year but things change in oz quite a lot so it may be different now.

cheers.

Andy

Oh one last thing, once you have everything together you will need to get it signed, we had it done by solicitor at a cost of £5.00

This is the question that came up on one of my threads.....some people say you dont have to proof your funds and some say you do. I am confused lol.... My question is...on the actual application form for the ss does it ask you for documents to prove your funds? Ive checked the SA website and its not one of the docs that are required.

Our friends moved a year ago to adelaide and they were asked at the airport to show their bank statement! They didnt have a penny to their name and had got their parents to transfer $20,000 into their account. Once they landed and showed the paperwork they transferred it back to their parents. If you have a house maybe get an up to date redemption statement plus 2 estate agents to value your house. That way you can show your equity (or thats what we will do anyway).

Guest Adelaide_bound
Our friends moved a year ago to adelaide and they were asked at the airport to show their bank statement!

Was this at the UK airport? Who asked to see it? When they went to get on the plane? Was this on a 176 visa? :chatterbox: Sorry if that sounds like I don't believe you, I don't mean that at all - I'm just completely bricking it now - we will NOT have all the funds in cash when we get on the plane - we will be spending at least £6K of the funds to get us and the cats to Australia, so that will be gone straight away! OMG!!

And we don't have/know anyone that could transfer funds immediately there and then to do this....

Shes a podiatrist so would have been employer sponsored. She was asked at adelaide airport to show her statement. We will be the same so dont panic. We are doing 176 visa and house prices are pants so any money we do get will be under £20,000 by the time we have paid off the credit cards from all this visa business.

My friend went over a year ago and my friends that have gone since, have not been asked to show any evidence. All they want to make sure is that you dont land without enough to pay some rent until you find work. Just go for it! This whole process is a risk.

I have 2 other friends moving this march so will let you know if they get asked. They are both going on 176 visas x

Guest Adelaide_bound
Shes a podiatrist so would have been employer sponsored. She was asked at adelaide airport to show her statement. We will be the same so dont panic. We are doing 176 visa and house prices are pants so any money we do get will be under £20,000 by the time we have paid off the credit cards from all this visa business.

My friend went over a year ago and my friends that have gone since, have not been asked to show any evidence. All they want to make sure is that you dont land without enough to pay some rent until you find work. Just go for it! This whole process is a risk.

I have 2 other friends moving this march so will let you know if they get asked. They are both going on 176 visas x

Thats a little mind settling, especially if she was on an employer sponsored visa not the 176 - I remember when I went to NZ I was meant to have x amount available to me, and bust a vessel nearly trying to juggle things before I went so that I could take a statement with me on the plane to show immigration - then they didn't want to see it and weren't interested.

We'll definately have enough to pay some rent - pretty silly coming and being competely homeless! (We will probably pre-pay and line up a short term let from the UK at any rate if we can justify the $£$).

Its all a palarvar isn't it!

Would really appreciate it if your March friends could share their experience when the times comes! :)

Guest andy1865

After reading all the above i thought i would ask my agent if this is what there doing now and she just laughed at me, she has never heard of anyone being asked for proof so don't worry people i'm sure it was just a one off, BUT DON'T GIVE THEM ANY MORE IDEAS OR YOU NEVER KNOW :-)

Also the SS sent a form out for us to get signed with the funds we had available at that time which was $35000 i was like everyone else and thought how the hell will i get that much but thats why i was glad i had an agent as she sorted everything, she is brill. Kerry Access Migration