migration of parents

Guest donald

hi there,

this is my first post on PIA.

just wondering is any one out there trying to get parents out on Temporary Contribution Visa. we are starting the process in may 08 to get my mum out, any info please.

Donald x:jiggy:

welcome to this forum donald there is plenty of info and help from anyone just ask

now as for the visa you are after try this web site www.australiamigrate.co.uk i used this company to get my visa which has been granted if you speak to them say alex duncan said to speak to you my visa cost me £1300 plus other bits as well so in total £3000 approx

well hope you enjoy this site and one day you to can be down under

alex

hi there,

this is my first post on PIA.

just wondering is any one out there trying to get parents out on Temporary Contribution Visa. we are starting the process in may 08 to get my mum out, any info please.

Donald x:jiggy:

Hi Donald

This is my first post on PIA too, but I've heard that a great chum of mine who lives in Adelaide uses this site.

My mother has a Contributory Parent visa, so if you want to ask me any questions, please fire away.

I would say that there is no real need to use an Agent for a CP visa by the way. It is all very straightforward, you will find.

Cheers

Gill

This is the words of the "Visa Bureau", so I take no credit with this piece of advice.

· The applicant must be a parent of a child who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

Hello Roo1

Visa Bureau's advice is out of date and is therefore inaccurate and misleading in material ways.

The initial visa application charge is now $1,390 and the Contribution is now $31,555 per adult.

The timeline for CP visas is currently around 12-15 months. It has not been 6 months for some time, and the pundits are predicting that the timeline is likely to increase still more because the CP visa has now become oversubscribed. It is unlikely that the new Government will increase the number of CP visas available annually.

The £1600 figure that they mention omits courier charges for the application and subseqently for the Meds as well. Similarly, it omits the cost of the chest x-ray. Re-worked realistically, the figures come out at around £1650 per parent.

This means that even assuming that the 2 instalments of £528.75 have not been increased, Visa Bureau's profit costs for a couple come out to £2115. It is not clear whether this includes VAT or not. Go Matilda will make a joint application for a couple for half that. Ian Harrop & Associates will do it for 2/3 of VB's price.

A CP application involves no more than 4-5 hours' work for an experienced Agent. I handled my mother's application, and I dealt with it far more thoroughly, and with far more active industry (pushing the application along) and far more attetion to attention to detail than the average Agent would. Even so, from the moment I started completing the forms to the day the passport was returned by the AHC, the process did not take me more than 6-7 hours and an Agent would do it in 4-5 hours, as I say.

£2115 divided by 5 hours comes out at $423 an hour. Good heavens! That is what it costs to hire a top of the range City of London solicitor for an hour! It is a WHOLLY unrealistic rate for the services of a Registered Migration Agent, imho. But very nice work if you can get it, I reckon, considering that CP visas are practically risk-free because they are so simple conceptually and so straightforward to handle.

"Will you step into my parlour?" said the spider to the fly, I suspect.......

Best wishes

Gill