SA state sponsored timeline question

Guest teamV

Well heres my problem i'm 45 in june ,ive taken my vetassess pratical on tuesday ,so hopefully if ive past ,I should get my results late next week and were all set to apply for SA SS ,we could even send it in the same day ,but it seems to be taking a lot longer than we expected and were told by agent.which may mean we don't get everything back in time to lodge before june.

Ive been watching everyone else on the time line tread and it seems to have come to a stop for most of you.

Are agent asked us yesturday if we would like to go for a different state instead of SA ,I said no ,as we really like the look of adelaide and it just seems to fit the life were looking for,but WA seems to be moving along with things a lot quicker ,so now I just don't know what to do .

Weve still at least a week to decide but it just feels like we are having to make a life changing decision at least once a week ,so do any of you think SA state sponsorship board will get themselves in gear or should we try else were.

I'm thinking are agent was being over optimistic with his 4 week turn around.What do you all think ,I'm applying as a Heavy Diesel Mechanic ,which we've been told is a cat 2.

Thanks in advance Kev.

Guest Guest6899

There website states 8 weeks for a reply on ss but as you know from the other thread some of us are and have been waiting longer than this and others have had there ss in just a few weeks, very dissapointing for those of us who have been waiting a while!! (i know im envious!!) we wanted WA but couldnt apply due to changes in experience. i suppose it comes down to where you really want to be WA or SA?

they state they are desperate for nurses but boy do they make us sweat!!

Lisa

I realy want to be in SA ,thats the easy bit.I was going to take my vetassess practical in november but it was canceled which has made it a lot tighter on time ,than it would have been .

I could cope with 8 weeks as my birthday is the 26th of june and as ive said we have everything ready to go already ,as we new it could be down to the wire.

Does this happen every year and then all of a sudden they just catch up and we all wonder what all the fuss was about ,I do hope so.

Kev,

Guest karenbonnar

Hi

You should check out the DIAC website. They are completely changing the points system for applications in July but have provided the details for you to work out your points on the new system. At the same time they are increasing the age limit from 45 to 49 but you don't get any points for age if you are in this category. Check out the new system, it may not be the end if you don't make your birthday.

Karen

Hi Karen,I have looked at the new points system and really I would have to get an ILETS score of 8 and I don't think that I could manage that ,not in a hundred years ,so I don't think thats an option for us.

We just had a bad day yesturday as my partner Vicky collapsed in the morning and we spent most of the day at are local hospital,they have put it down to stress,We have our own buisness ,a 3 month old baby and a 3 year old boy ,its half term,so no day care and this going on as well.So just normal stuff really:biglaugh: ,but everyone has a cut off point and yesturday was Vicky's.

So new day new start, we will have a quite weekend and go for it again on monday ,hopefully a lot of people who are waiting for sa ss,will get sorted next week and the world will seem a better place.

Guest karenbonnar

Hi Kev

I am really sorry to hear that. The stress of the process is much more than I could have imagined too. I am sure you know what is best for Vicky just now and I wish you all the best. The most important thing is that your family are healthy and happy wherever you are.

Take care

Karen

Guest Cara&Gav

Hi Kev,

Sorry to hear about Vicky, I've also had moments where I practically had a nervous breakdown with stress! And we dont even have kids! But we do have other stuff going on like decorating, foreign students etc and it all adds up.

Hopefully we will start getting people accepted in the next week & that will give you some confidence to apply.

Fingers crossed & keep us updated.

cara x