DIAC Visa application

Guest Mizzmp

We are on a very tight schedule as OH is 45 on 11th June this year.

Just done his skills test so result should be with us by 11th March at which point we apply for state sponsor.

I know your application has to be in before he is 45 but when do they count it from? Does that mean as long as I have applied online with DIAC for our actual visa we are safe? Im in a panic as if they count from when they receive the docs we r prob not gonna make it. Aaah!

Thanks guys.

I'm in the same boat ,26th of june ,took the vetassess pratical this week in london,my agent has told me to change to WA as they are moving along a lot quicker ,from what he said you can't apply for your visa until you ss is granted ,which is making it down to wire for us to say the least and your time scale is tighter than our's.

Kev.

My OH was in London Tuesday for his skills test. What trade are you?

Its gonna be tight but we will have to try. Im not sure on how WA works as Ive read up so much on Adelaide. Think you have to have ILETS for WA but you dont for Adelaide.

SS from Adelaide is 8 weeks but Im hoping they count the visa application for DIAC from the date you submit online. So mind numbing!

Yes I was there tuesday ,i'm a diesel or truck mechanic.If you not got an agent ,I feel you should speak to one .I asked my agent this morning about the ilets and he said no because of my trade and being a uk pastport holder.

Kev.

Yes I just checked and it says no ILETS needed. Thing with WA is that it says you need to have worked last 7/10 years for state sponsor which my OH hasn't quite got i dont think. We will have to just go for Adelaide and hope to god they dont take longer than the 8 weeks.