176 Visa - Case Office Allocation - Time Line

Guest Calstar

Guest Calstar

Hi All,

Our 176 Visa application went in, in September 2010 and we are still waiting for a Case Officer (CO). Hoping for some news soon, as it seems like a lot of people have had their CO's allocated recently...some who applied before us, and some after (bizarre!)

In order to give us some idea, and help anyone else who is in the same boat, I thought it would be good to hear where other people are in this time line...

So if you have your CO, or are still waiting (like us :huh:) I'd love to know your story!

Fingers crossed for everyone!

Cal

Hi there! I'm sure yours won't be long now as they seem to be allocating them quickly. One theory I have read, is that they are contacting those with outstanding documents first, in order to get things in place. Those that have front loaded may just be given the visa without prior notice of having a case officer (I have read a few such stories on the pomsinoz-south australia site). Of course, that may just be speculation. Another factor could be whether you have a job offer, particularly in an area that is very short, such as nursing.

You will see from my signature, my time line (you can do this in the user CP section on the left.) All the best with everything:)

Guest hughescl
Hi there! I'm sure yours won't be long now as they seem to be allocating them quickly. One theory I have read, is that they are contacting those with outstanding documents first, in order to get things in place. Those that have front loaded may just be given the visa without prior notice of having a case officer (I have read a few such stories on the pomsinoz-south australia site). Of course, that may just be speculation. Another factor could be whether you have a job offer, particularly in an area that is very short, such as nursing.

You will see from my signature, my time line (you can do this in the user CP section on the left.) All the best with everything:)

Hi We have a case officer details below

176 submitted 26 November 2010

CO allocated 21 February 2011

PC's sent 24 February 2011

Medicals 16 March 2011

We have a job offer (Carpenter) and employer has submitted first part of their visa. (Hope 176 comes first)

Thanks

Claire

Hi,

Have you checked with DIAC to ensure they have received Form 1100 (State Sponsorship Confirmation) from SA. We submitted our 176 application online on 26/11/10 and waited for a CO until I contacted DIAC and was told that our application has not been classified because they are still waiting for confirmation of SS fro SA.

I contacted SA and the form was resent again to DIAC and within two weeks after that we got a CO.

We just had the medicals done last Thursday so my advise to you is contact DIAC and check if they have actually received Form 1100 from SA.

Guest Calstar

It feels like we have had nothing but bad luck, we've been doing this thing since 2008, soo many hurdles!

t4top...Funny you should mention that, as after a lot of chasing about, we finally found out today that our Form 1100 did get lost somewhere in limbo, after it was supposedly sent from SA to DIAC!

Hopefully it's all sorted now, and our agent is on the case...so fingers crossed the CO allocation is imminent!!

I have seen a few people having this issue, where SA said they sent to Form 1100, but DIAC say they haven't received it...so anyone waiting for their CO - if it's been a while since you put your application in, DO double check!! Save some stress!

Guest Calstar

Hmmm, Still no CO allocated! Agent has contacted DIAC again to find out whether they have actuallly received the Form 1100 now (it was re-sent on 10th Feb...and still nothing)!!

Hoping to hear something positive this coming week...Please! lol.

Guest t4top
Hmmm, Still no CO allocated! Agent has contacted DIAC again to find out whether they have actuallly received the Form 1100 now (it was re-sent on 10th Feb...and still nothing)!!

Hoping to hear something positive this coming week...Please! lol.

Your agent can ask DIAC to confirm receipt of Form 1100 and also you can ask SA to confirm whether DIAC has sent them confirmation of receipt. We asked both of them to do so and DIAC sent us an e-mail to confirm the reciept while SA did the same thing. At least that set your mind at rest and you just wait for their decision.