When do prove it ??

Guest jasongd

Guest jasongd

Hi

Can anyone tell me when you have to show you have the $35k for state sponsorship.

My money is in my house and wont sell it till I get the visa and might need to show it to get the the visa, Bit of a catch 22 situation.

Can anyone advise.

Jason

When you fill out the form for SS you need to take a copy of your mortgage details and property valuation to whoever is certifying your documents and they can confirm the figures.

Guest Guest6899

Hi cant agree with the above, we have applied for ss its doenst say anything about proving cash, you just have to declare that you have it when you arrive. i was advised that you used to have to prove it on application but you dont now. How they check when you arrive i have no idea.

Lisa

Guest The Standalofts

Can't remember if we were asked to say when we would have funds available, but I do remember when we applied we had to completed a valuation form which had everything on it - property value, mortgage outstanding, bank balances, other equity etc. We completed this and took it along with the supporting documentation to the Justice of Peace that verified it for us.

Hi everyone.....It seems on here for those of u that use agents (apologies if im wrong)...u are asked to prove it but on the ss form itself and the sa website it does not ask you to prove or certify any docs relating to funds. Looking back last year for example you had to complete a financial capacity form and get this certified but this doesnt seem to be the case anymore. I think its a case of entering what u will have when you arrive. We are in the middle of doing the form and we cannot provide proof as all of ours will be savings and a few assets. Hope this helps

Nat x

Hi, we got our visa in 2010. On our ss form we wrote everything of value we had eg, car, savings, equity in house. The form said we did not need to show any proof of this. I went to a Justice of the Peace, he read the form, signed it and that was that. We used an agent and got a Permanent Residents Visa. Different visas may have different rules but that is what we did. The only catch was that every now and again SA may require to provide proof of what you are stating you have but this is a rare occurence.

Andrew