SIR 495 and "letter of future employment"

Guest rockpool crab

Guest rockpool crab

Hi all,

This wee story will have a happy ending :-)

Our family were on holiday in SA in July this year. I was checking my hotmail and had a note from my migration agent "sorry to inform you Carol Ann...but it seems you need a "letter of future employment of at least 3 months offer...this is my fault and a misunderstanding on my part". Jeez louise..so went to see an agent when out there "Southern Cross Personnel"..they said they'd take on my case and for a fee of £500 would try and get me the elusive letter.

I got a phone call from them about 2 months ago..."we've got potentially some good news...we have a letter for you...although no definite job at the end of it...but the company also want something for going to the bother..so basically the fee has doubled..it's £500 for him and £500 for us". So ... I discussed with hubbie and we agreed. They sent the letter softcopy .. I sent it to my agent who agreed it was all ligitimate and just what they needed to fulfil the South Australian Government Sponsorship part of the process.

So...my agent emails me a week ago..."erm...it would seem that we now don't actually need the "letter of future employment". The SA Government website was down for a couple of months and when we went back online that section has completely changed and you no longer need the letter".

Lordy lordy....I just hope and pray that Southern Cross in Unley don't keep pushing the invoices..cause I certainly don't want to have to pay for something I don't need. Bit cheeky on their part though..cushy wee £1,000 to whip up a letter with an existing business partner eh.

Anyways....that's the South AUstralian Sponsorship been granted!..yippeeee...so it's onto the medicals and police checks as the visa was lodged last week. Getting there..not without it's trials and tribulations ...lol.

Catch you later

Carol Ann