Criminal Record.

Guest NicNox

Guest NicNox

Hello Everybody :D

My name is Nicola and I am currently studying Nursing at University, hoping to qualify in Junly 2012 and hoping to move to Adelaide in the Spring/Summer of 2013.

I have just a couple of questions regarding emigrating. When I was 18 in June 2003, I was convicted of Theft, I was only fined. As it will be over nearly 10 years ago (considered a Spent Conviction) when I want to apply for my Visa: does anybody think I will have any problems in appyling?

Also, any advice of how to go about applying for jobs?

Any advice about enigrating would be gratefully recieved.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind Regards

Nicola :D

Guest NicNox

hello the bacons

Thank you very much for you reply, I very much apprecitae it.

If you do not mind me asking: when did you start your application and when are you hoping to emigrate?

Kind Regards

Nicola

Hi, we started back in 2009 and lodged our visa application in Jan 2010 and have just been allocated a case officer last month.

Its all different depending on what qualifications are deemed in demand at the time.

When we started out electricians were in demand and at cat 2 but then along with most trades got moved to cat 4 during the global financial crisis then got put back to cat 2 in Jan of this year.

I think nurses are always in demand though so should be quicker for you.

We want to go to Aldinga Beech area so we are out the way abit really liked it there on our recce in early 2009.

Done our meds last Tuesday just got my police checks back and will upload everythink later so hopefully should get a dicission soon.

Good luck on your application.

Hello Everybody :D

My name is Nicola and I am currently studying Nursing at University, hoping to qualify in Junly 2012 and hoping to move to Adelaide in the Spring/Summer of 2013.

I have just a couple of questions regarding emigrating. When I was 18 in June 2003, I was convicted of Theft, I was only fined. As it will be over nearly 10 years ago (considered a Spent Conviction) when I want to apply for my Visa: does anybody think I will have any problems in appyling?

Also, any advice of how to go about applying for jobs?

Any advice about enigrating would be gratefully recieved.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind Regards

Nicola :D

Hi Nicola

If the theft is an isolated incident then it is very unlikely to cause any problems. However you do need to declare it when you apply for the visa because the "spent conviction" rules in the UK do not apply to the sort of police checks that the Aussie Government demands. Even cautions are recorded on the type of police check that they require.

Ergo, do make sure that you declare it. Get a police check before you apply for a visa, then you can make sure that the dates etc are correct. You should also include a statement with your visa application, explaining exactly what happened and why.

Do not be tempted to make excuses for yourself. You were convicted, which is the issue. Just explain the facts and explain why you did it, plus be seen to express plenty of remorse for your juvenile stupidity, plus a craven assurance that you have learned your lesson!

Cheers

Gill