Visa cost and SA ss questions

Guest pixie7

Guest pixie7

Can I ask two questions please?

1) Can you confirm how much a 176 visa costs? I've looked on immigration website and it states 2 installments but I'm not sure if second installment is always needed?

2) Could anyone telll me some of the questions on SS form?

I believe they ask why SA? But what else? We are de facto so do we need documents to prove the relationship for SS or just visa (just starting to gather our research together for application)

Hope someone can help

Guest Adelaide_bound

1) Can you confirm how much a 176 visa costs? I've looked on immigration website and it states 2 installments but I'm not sure if second installment is always needed?

I believe they ask why SA? But what else? We are de facto so do we need documents to prove the relationship for SS or just visa (just starting to gather our research together for application)

Hope someone can help

1) Apparently (not put in our application yet, so just what I have gathered from other people on here really!), you will only need the first installation fee for the visa, the second one is if you have dependants that don't have a GB passport, or don't speak English or something.

2) I think they ask about your funds, about how you will support yourself/selves..not really sure on the rest, again having not gone through it, but thought it would give you something before the Aussie lot wake up :) (No idea on defacto - we are just getting married to solve that one lol).

Guest karyn1

Hope someone can help

To lodge the visa costs $2552. Obviously depending on exchange rate how much it costs in pounds! That was 2009 we paid that amount. They do ask "Why SA" to which we replied about how much we researched the place, employment, standard of life ie- outdoor lifestyle for children, friends or family there etc. Good luck with the process :cute:)