Applying early for permanent visa

johnnynic6

Interested to hear from anyone who has applied for a permanent visa earlier then requested. We are on a 475 temp visa and should wait 2 years before we can apply for permanent. We are only into our visa 6 months but have settled into life here and keen to buy our first house. So many mortgage lenders will not touch us due to this. We have heard people on this visa applying early for permanent and been granted. Any help on this would be grateful!!!

Guest Nick11

Only folk I know who got it early was if their employer sponsered them on a work visa.

Have you tried Andrew Williams on here or Jim Scott. If they can't get you a mortgage..no one can.

BTW never heard of anyone applying for permanent residency visa 887 and getting it early...DIAC won't even look at your application til the 2 years are up.

Guest The Dimmocks

I dont think you can apply early, unless your employer is willing to sponsor you. Might be wrong though so dont quote me on it. Know a few people who are on temps and they had to wait until the 2 years are done even though they settled and plan on staying.

Guest Mitchell

Hiya. I'm on a 457 temp visa and don't want to wait two years so I'm going the the skilled migrant route. It's exactly the same as many people get before they come but on shore. My employer is paying and my agent says I should be a shoe in considering I work in IT and my employer genuinely struggled to find anyone to fill my current job. Check the immigration site and speak to some agents to find the easiest and quickest way to get PR. If they already let you in the country there's bound to be something.