Non Priority Cases

Guest everhopeful

Guest everhopeful

Hi Everyone

Just wondering if there are any other people out there that are applying for none priority visas.

All the posts that I read appear to be from nuses, teachers and tradespeople. How jealous does that make us feel.

I contacted my agent today who confirmed that none of the non priority visa applications they have submitted for June have been given a case office. Very depressing-I've been comfort eating all day!

It appears that there are no hard and fast rules for when or if you get notified of each step in the process. Our medicals have been done and just waiting for our police checks to come back. Hopefully, as per the latest posts the backlog for meds has been reduced.

Congratulations to all those that have received you visas in the last few days. I will have to remain Everhopeful!

Joanna

Dear Joanna

We're now part of the non-priority maybe non going applicants. You may have seen that all of a sudden they are no longer accepting $100,000 capital investment for 5 bonus points as no state/territory will accept it. It appears we may lose our application fee and be refused. Unbelievable to even think this could possibly be allowed when you submit in good faith under the current rules. Our agent says hundres if not thousands are affected and DIAC should make other arrangements but I must say I'm at the end of my hope. At least we haven't paid for medicals yet. Good luck and hope you get a case officer soon!

Liz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest markjohn

Hi

Saw your post and thought i would let you know that we are in the same boat.

We are devastated by the news of the capital investment withdrawal and feel numb by the news.

Last wednesday we had a letter from our agent saying our application has been received and on friday had another letter saying all bets were off.

It is now difficult to read about everyone getting visas come through knowing ours is in the air.

Lets just hope that the oz government have a rethink and do the right thing

Mark and Sara

Dear Mark & Sara,

I am feeling somewhat more optimistic as our agent says many people much farther down the line (ie have sold their houses for money for investment ) will be putting up the fight. If you haven't seen the letter the MIA sent to the immigration minister and want a copy, PM me your email address and I will forward it. Good luck!

Liz

• 6 months later...
Guest Rajan
Dear Mark & Sara,

I am feeling somewhat more optimistic as our agent says many people much farther down the line (ie have sold their houses for money for investment ) will be putting up the fight. If you haven't seen the letter the MIA sent to the immigration minister and want a copy, PM me your email address and I will forward it. Good luck!

Liz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Selah,

Can you send me that copy of letter what MIA sent to Immigration minister!

Still I am waiting for decision of Capital Investment scheme? What's your situation?

Please be in touch? I would like to hear something from you?

Thanks Selah.

Rajan