• 1 Post By Adelaide_bound
    • 1 Post By scooterdan

Thread: Getting Married after the Visa Grant

Title
      Liked
      104 times
      Rep

Getting Married after the Visa Grant

Hi Guys, once again another question I need help on!! I don't know what we would of done without the help of this site!!

If we get our SA SS approved we will lodge our visa almost immediately, it states the process will be 12 months, we are getting married September 2012. Once a Visa is granted can you make changes to it and if so is it complicated?
      Obviously it will be my surname and passport (I am the secondary applicant)

Any help would be most appreciated!

Nat & Gaz
      GARRY, NATALIE & CAYSON - PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA GRANTED JULY 2011 - VISA VALIDATION TRIP COMPLETED MARCH 2012 - ARRIVED IN OZ 29th AUGUST 2013 -LITTLE HUGHSIE BORN SEPT 2014 - RETURNED TO UK FOR 12 MONTHS -VERY HAPPY TO BE BACK IN ADELAIDE JUNE 2016!!!

Title
      Liked
      588 times
      Rep
      Are you applying as De facto spouse? And are you changing your name after getting married? If yes and no in that order, does it really make any difference?

I'm desperate to change my name in my passport etc as soon as we get married, so just decided to bring the wedding forward to before we apply for our visas, but if I wasn't so set on taking OH's name I don't know if it would be as much of a problem?
      Hughes'Roberts likes this.
      Our 33,000km ish trip around Oz - have a look here (also good for tips on equipment and holiday places ) Our moving and living here blog :)

Title
      Liked
      579 times
      Rep
      Hey,

We got married while waiting for visa.... We had to send copy of marriage cert, and new passport details and they just changed it!!

Dan
      Hughes'Roberts likes this.
      If you wanna a beer....PM me

Daniel, 31 and Stephanie, 30, Arrived 30th April 2008 and LOVING IT!!!

Title
      Liked
      104 times
      Rep
      Hi, thanks for your replies!!

No we are not going for a De-facto Visa we are going for the 176 Visa, we have our wedding next September (2012) in Cyprus, we are hoping the visa will be granted by then. Just need to know what do we need to do, would we just notify the DIAC of change of name,passport & marital status and whether its a complicated procedure.
      Surely people make changes after a visa is granted. We cannot bring the wedding forward either.

Oh well...we will have to wait and see

Nat & Gaz
      GARRY, NATALIE & CAYSON - PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA GRANTED JULY 2011 - VISA VALIDATION TRIP COMPLETED MARCH 2012 - ARRIVED IN OZ 29th AUGUST 2013 -LITTLE HUGHSIE BORN SEPT 2014 - RETURNED TO UK FOR 12 MONTHS -VERY HAPPY TO BE BACK IN ADELAIDE JUNE 2016!!!

•