Getting Married after the Visa Grant

Hi Guys, once again another question I need help on!! I don't know what we would of done without the help of this site!!

If we get our SA SS approved we will lodge our visa almost immediately, it states the process will be 12 months, we are getting married September 2012. Once a Visa is granted can you make changes to it and if so is it complicated? :err:

Obviously it will be my surname and passport (I am the secondary applicant)

Any help would be most appreciated!

Nat & Gaz

Guest Adelaide_bound

Are you applying as De facto spouse? And are you changing your name after getting married? If yes and no in that order, does it really make any difference?

I'm desperate to change my name in my passport etc as soon as we get married, so just decided to bring the wedding forward to before we apply for our visas, but if I wasn't so set on taking OH's name I don't know if it would be as much of a problem?

Hi, thanks for your replies!!

No we are not going for a De-facto Visa we are going for the 176 Visa, we have our wedding next September (2012) in Cyprus, we are hoping the visa will be granted by then. Just need to know what do we need to do, would we just notify the DIAC of change of name,passport & marital status and whether its a complicated procedure.

Surely people make changes after a visa is granted. We cannot bring the wedding forward either.

Oh well...we will have to wait and see

Nat & Gaz :err: