what constitutes full time hours for 475 visa

Guest wijaya

Guest wijaya

Hi everybody

We are on 475 visa, in which we need to live for 2 years and work for 1 year before we could apply to become permanent resident.

The work, as I gather is 35 hours or more a week.

My wife has been offered two possibilities of working: a job near our house for 30 hours a week, and another 32,5 hours a week but 40 minutes away by bus.

Both are full time job.

This 30 hours are the hours that she will be paid, (apparently they don't pay lunch hour), so basically she will be working 35 hours per week or 37.5 per week respectivelys, it means for both position, she will meet the critieria . Is my assumption rights ? or the requirement for 35 hours is not included the time you don't get paid?

regards

wijaya

Guest smurph

my understanding is a pay slip to show 35 paid hours per week is classed as full time...i have never been paid for lunch...only morning and afternoon tea breaks have been paid breaks.

Guest Sannie!

Sorry to let you know, Only the paid number of hours will be taken into account. that here both the jobs she's into will not be eligible for her at the moment. however, if she can make another 5 hrs somewhere in a paid form under Tfn/ ABN then it should be alrite. sure it is not hard to get just another 5 hrs, I reckon.. :-)